“Great restaurant and outdoor seating”
Review of La Villa Bella

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
“Great restaurant and outdoor seating”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We went to the Grand Prix and wanted to have a nice brunch before the race. We stayed at the sandman hotel and this was only 2 mi down. What a wonderful surprise since we originally went to a restaurant but they denied us outside seating (which they had but wanted us to sit inside instead) so we left and went here instead. Thank heavens for mistakes! The egg sandwich was wonderful and so was the everything platter, the freshly squeezed OJ was a nice touch. And we got to enjoy the wonderful outdoors before the race.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KkFiff

Montreal Canada
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants on the South Shore and we were there at least once a month. We stopped going because the noise level was way too high. There was a recent Tuango deal and we decided to try again. We chose a weeknight hoping it would be quiet...we were wrong. The restaurant was not busy, however the parties at the table next to us were very loud, and even louder when they were talking on the phone. We couldn't hear each other speak unless we raised our voices.

The food was excellent, however the portions were much smaller than what they used to be. This may have been because we had a Tuango coupon. Also, it's not a Bring Your Own Wine anymore. I ordered a glass of Valpolicella, it was a very small serving for $8.00.

The service was painfully slow and what was supposed to be a quiet weeknight dinner out turned into 2 and a half hours of noise.

Although the food is good (but expensive), the service and ambiance are not. We gave it another chance but I doubt we will return.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank minceandtotties
Montreal, Canada
“Expensive but good service”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were part of a large group celebrating a special event. A specific menu was provided. Unfortunately, we couldn't deviate from that menu - fish was not even offered. We had the grilled chicken fillet which was ok; the portions were generous. The table d'hote included a starter salad and coffee or tea - just too expensive. The wine list was quite short: 5 bottles (2 of them were not even available). On the plus side, the service was excellent and the waiter(s) were very attentive. Cozy place.

• Visited October 2013
Montreal, Canada
“1st class all the way... best service, food and ambiance.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have to start by saying that I lived my entire life living less than 5 minutes from this little gem and had no idea what I was missing. Until 4 years ago that is.

When looking to plan my department Christmas party 4 years closer to a staff member that lived on the south shore and did not have a car, I went looking for places in the Greenfield Park, St.Lambert, Brossard areas where you could bring your own wine, have above average food and nice warm ambiance.

I was surprised when I found out that this little place I drove by every day had everything I was looking for. The restaurant is unassuming from the outside but the inside is so charming and warm. The service was by far the best I have experienced any where. The staff are so friendly and helpful checking in, never disappearing and leaving you waiting for a drink or the bill. And the food, well needless to say it is excellent!!

We just booked our 4th Christmas dinner for this year and can't wait to return.
They have changed the inside decor, and I admit I was concerned as we loved the old old/old fashion charm they use to have. But the updates were done with great taste and everything is still warm and classy. They also changed the bring your own wine policy.
They now serve alcohol, but they have SAQ prices + $5 on a large wine list.
I am not sure that will be such a big hit, but we will see if they have all the options that we like.

So to sum this all up.... this is a delightful restaurant that everyone should visit.
I am sure you will all fall in love with it as well.

• Visited December 2012
Burlington, Canada
“A Great Dinner”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a family dinner of 8 here for a milestone birthday. The staff was very accommodating and the service was great. It was a very relaxed dinner. We had reservations for 6:30 and didn't leave till after 10 pm, with no rushing us out for another seating. (The restaurant was also full.) We had an appetizer platter of a few different things that the table could all share. The restaurant then sent out another dozen deliciously made shrimp and some grilled lamb samples on the house! All was very good! In our group we had rack of lamb, fetuccinni, some seafood and another couple of pasta entrees. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal. I found the fetuccinni flavourful though to my liking it could have been a bit creamier. One of the desserts we had was the Ferrero Rocher cake, which was fresh and awesome! I did find a few of the entrees to be quite pricey.

• Visited August 2013