“Great food, friendly staff, kitschy decor.”
Review of Mantra

Mantra
Ranked #23 of 392 Restaurants in Longueuil
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Longueuil, Canada
“Great food, friendly staff, kitschy decor.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went to this restaurant for a dinner date around maybe 6:30. I had heard good things about this place and was looking forward to having a go-to restaurant for Indian food on the south shore. The restaurant doesn't look like much outside but don't be fooled!We ordered pakoras as an entrée, these we just okay. I had lamb rogan josh and a mango lassi, my date had a chicken curry. The waitress was nice. I feel that the service could have been more personalized since we were only 6 people in the restaurant. The main dishes were very tasty. Very authentic and aromatic flavours. Also try the garlic naan, its very good. All in all i had a good experience, i just wished that the staff were more enthusiastic and maybe think about removing the carpet ( which kind of had a smell to it).
If u love authentic indian and do not mind a kitschy decor, this is your place! They even deliver too.

• Visited May 2013

Brossard, Canada
“Delicious food, decor can use some updating”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had heard about this restaurant from several friends and decided to try it. Was a Thursday night and the restaurant was relatively busy. Ordered the combo for two and an extra serving since we were 3, which also included another choice of side dish, we went with the lamb which was excellent. The beef was tough in comparison, but all dishes were seasoned perfectly. The huge nan bread was delicious. The butter chicken was a favorite and also delicious. The service was very good, all the dishes were served nice and hot. The restaurant could use a decorating update, the place is really rustic. Price was very reasonable for the amount of food, we all left stuffed and had a doggy bag. There is a lunch buffet which I an looking forward to, best way to try different dishes!

• Visited July 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious food, great service & ambience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went as 2 couples. Had a fabulous time. The Saturday night belly dancing was entertaining. Will go back. Staff was attentive to details.

• Visited January 2013
“Of all places..................”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hello I am writing this review because I am a huge fan of Indian food and not to say I have experienced many places but MANTRA is without a doubt the WORSE place ever. Let me begin ' to start off on 1 good point was the food was very good however much more spicy than most Indian restaurants Ive been to. The restaurant was really in medeocre condition' you had several peolpe comming to you table which some understood and others no ,therefore you never knew who was serving you next it was March 30/2013 Saturday and there was supposed to be a BELLYDANCER for I even asked apon arrival and they said she was arriving soon around 7:15pm ' but guess what never showed up and then they said she was with her family for Easter however we strongly beleive she was in the basment with all the family because there was a party going on and we could hear the jingleing of her dancing! Next especially God knows the owner or maybe the wife was very rude didnt come often to see us and if that wasnt enough when we went to pay my spouse wanted to pay visa so she started the transaction then said sorry no visa so my spouse asked for the receipt to pay cahs and to cancel the original transaction she refused we had to argue wit her to cancel and give us a real printed receint well it was a hell of a fusssss she finally gave it to us! Obviously she die not want to probably give us a receipt because it would then be DECLARED. We strongly do not recommend MANTR but we recommend : Nouveau Delhi Express on wellington street in Verdun or La maison Jade in Brossard etc but not MANTRA. never again..

• Visited March 2013
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Dropped in on Sunday for supper. I read some reviews mentioning bad service. The 2 ladies serving were great from start to finish. Maybe because it was not too busy.

We had a deal coupon for the food so it was a pre-selected meal. Food was good but not exactly what we wanted. We will go back and try again without the coupon.

When I paid the bill the manager mentioned that it is packed on Friday and Saturday nigh because they have a belly dancer. She impressed me. Asked if it was our first time to their restaurant, asked if we enjoyed our meal, asked if we are from the south shore, if we go to many indian restaurants. She really cared and wanted to make sure we would come back. That I like !

Also they have a lunch buffet Monday to Friday.. Great thing about a buffet is that you get to taste everything

• Visited March 2013