“Calamari is not supposed to be chewy!”
Review of Marathon Souvlaki

Marathon Souvlaki
Ranked #4 of 706 Restaurants in Laval
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was really looking forward to Calamari at Marathon's so I am even more disappointed. It was probably the worst Calamari I have ever eaten. Unless you really want to excercise your jaw muscles be very wary of ordering this dish. We were there on a Saturday night. It was late in the evening; the restaurant was not overly crowded. But, someone in the kitchen was asleep while cooking this dish and it was way overcooked. Really no excuse - you've been cooking this dish forever. I would also say that the quality of the food has declined since the last time I was there - the salad was swimming in dressing...After the Calamari I was not tempted to try the potatoes either. My dinner companions left a lot of food on the plate even though they started out very hungry...

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I used to eat at Marathons but havent in awhile cuz i discovered a new place. But i was with people that were "craving" it and i just paid 65$ for glorified "Greek cuisine". The salad was limp, the tomatoes were not ripe, the chicken sticks were bland and completely covered in oregano, the fries were refried, the taramosalata tasted like sand paper, the gyro was ok but greasy as hell. Was it always this bad or has it just gotten worse??!! I felt ripped off and very unhappy. The new place I was referring to is YiaSou on Queen Mary. They are 10 times better, nothing is precooked and more authentic than Marathons overpriced fast food garbage.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Very good food. Food was fresh and came fast. Good service. Excellent chicken pita, great french fries and marathon salad if excellent. Calamari is very good also, Amazing tzatziki. Great food for a great price. A must! We tried ordering Arahova one night because marathon was closed and was horrible. Marathon is definately the way to go.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were at Marathon Souvlaki in Laval for dinner and did like our experience. We've asked for prompt service and we received it with a smile. The food is very good. We had the souvlaki on pita plate and I enjoyed it very much. The salad dressing is awesome, the fries are very good. We had the baklava for desert again fantastic. The prices are reasonable.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The food here is so delicious that I could have eaten here more than once. There is a choice of salads: go with the Marathon salad with the dressing on the side. It is very tasty but they do add too much dressing. The "fries" are more sliced potatoes and are yummy.

They serve a lot of food so if you like dessert, you will need to stop eating your main course at some point.

Been to Marathon Souvlaki? Share your experiences!