“Terrible food”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

It was my first time and after reading the reviews I had pretty high expectations. About 8 of us went for dinner. The food was so bad. I ordered a tuna tartare for dinner and got a mound of ground something with hot mustard. The food others ordered was sitting under a salamander too long and dried up. The sauces were just heaped on the salad- it made no sense. I returned my meal only to find it was still on the check- the waitron has put steak tartare by mistake. I love steak tartare- but this was a dijon experience gone wrong! Stay away. There is no love on those plates.

1  Thank Dominic M
There are newer reviews for Le Tire-bouchon bistro parisien

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Nice atmosphere and the food came quickly even though the place was full. I had the table d'hote off the blackboard. The braised short ribs were just wonderful. The meat just fell off the bone. Happy!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This place is great. I've been a regular (as couple, with family and with friends)since it opened. It has consistently excellent food. Knowledgeable, friendly staff. I have never been dissapointed by a meal here. The menu du jour on the chalk board changes regularly and they have a regular menu with excellent choices. The Boudin is fantastic. I never new it could taste so good. Mussells, pastas, fish, lamb...it doesn't matter what you choose it's all good.

1  Thank Angie G
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My bf and I decided to dine at this restaurant last night for Valentine's Day, The overall experience was a good one. Upon entering the restaurant the host handed me a lovely rose and guided us to our table. The meal itself was good except you had no choice but to choose from the Valentine's Day menu which was expensive. The cheapest thing on the menu was 28$ but for an occasion its okay. The one thing I would recommend them changing, would be to provide a bilingual menu. I had requested an English menu, but was told that they did not have any. I often wonder what they do in circumstances when tourists from outside of the province dine at their restaurant. Hopefully they can take this into consideration :)

1  Thank Amanda O
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was there for a 6:15 reservation. The place was so noisy that we could barely hear each other. The portion for appetizers is unbelievably small. Mussels were undercooked. Not worth the money!

1  Thank Manon D