“Band-aid in my salad”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was my first and last time at this restaurant. The service was deplorable. The server was mistaken for ours drinks. Then a lot of waiting for meals about 1hour. We heard the manager yelling at servers and it did not bother to criticize them in front of our table during the service. Also, the most disgusting was to find a stained band-aid in my salad. So disgusting..I still queasy thinking about it.Don't go there. Very unhygienic kitchen

1  Thank denise238

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Dined at this fine establishment for a business dinner. It's the perfect environment to meet with a client or for a romantic date. It's quiet, good for talking, which was well appreciated.

10/10 on style. It has a beautiful "loft" style vibe with high ceilings. Very nice environment.

The food was fantastic on quality, flavour and portion sizes.

I can't say enough about the First-class service. Professional, accommodating and friendly.

All in all, an outstanding experience.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant had wonderful servers wiling to teach French with our dinner. We are BC&Albertans with highschool French but willing to learn. Fun, warm atmosphere and the food was very good. Steak tartare served spicy is on our "to do" list again before we go home. The flank steak special was exceptional - the sauce was so good! My husband had duck breast which was a little overcooked, but the sauce was amazing.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Not a bad place however ordered the feuilleté aux fruits de mer ( crevettes, pétoncles et crabe) however it was not crabe but pollock fish, was very disappointed. The terrine de canard was good and the salad was pretty ordinary. The one ggod thing is that the wine is very reasonable ( SAQ prices) I would not go back.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Quiet restaurant, ideal for an intimate dinner. I personally enjoy French cuisine a lot and I could fulfill my cravings for good and comforting French food every time I had dinner at Le Tire-Bouchon.

The menu is very appetizing and everything is delicious. The service is also very personal. The best part is that all bottles of wine are at the SAQ's price.

1  Thank marie_delaroche