“Excellent Italian restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Blvd du Souvenir
Reviewed August 12, 2012

A bit pricy but what can you say when food is excellent, nice lamb cutlets, seafood and italian dishes everything fresh

1  Thank G0lfGr0up

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Food is prepared with care and taste is absolutely Italian unlike some wanabe Italian rests. Prices are reasonable. And the decor is cozy, warm and romantic but they cater to families with great Italian hospitality. Will go back any time.

2  Thank Lafontaine1956
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Of all the restaurants that I have been, Le Pirate de Laval is the best all around. We enjoy the
embiance very much.

The Food is SUPERB in all aspects, Freshness, Flavourfull, Perfect Temperature and Presentation. The SERVICE is TOP KNOCH. The Menu is VAST and you cannot ask for more.

We have been there for group family parties and other occasions with friends and I can honestly say that no other Restaurant surpasses Le Pirate de Laval.

I reccomend it very much.

Sincerely, John T.

1  Thank john t
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Our first time going there, it was in 2008 for our wedding. The staff were fantastic and the food was great and hot! We had a small menu giving guests a choice of 3 entrees and 3 main meals and a few desserts. We were 45. All our plates came at the same time and all was perfect. The waiter with the golden tooth even danced with us when I encouraged him to. I recommend this place for family receptions. Don't be fooled by the outside look.

1  Thank Fireylady
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I use to go to this restaurant more than 30 years ago. Trendier places became more attractive and I had not been there for years. There is much to be said to tradition. We went a few days ago for a family birthday. I checked on Tripadvisor, if it still existed and well, there was a good review from a regular customer. It hit a nostalgic cord, so I made a reservation for Sunday night. The place was busy, good sign. The traditional decor is the same, but refreshed, very comfortable, intimate and the staff extremely friendly. My husband had fresh oysters and ordered a second helping, they were so good. Although, all the traditional Italian food is on the menu, I had a whole red snapper grilled to perfection, crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. We all shared and tasted each others plate, the Osso Bucco was superb and so was the Veal Scalopinni. The bill was the best part, very reasonable, considering my husband had two plates of oysters for starters and a good bottle of wine. This is our renewed Laval restaurant.

1  Thank HAPPYNICKY59