“Unimpressed, worn down”

Musee Pour Enfants
Ranked #9 of 53 things to do in Laval
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: N'avons-nous pas tous un jour prononce ces mots en revassant a ce que l'avenir nous reservait? Voici une occasion unique pour vous, parents et enseignants, de permettre a tous les enfants de vivre une experience des plus enrichissantes et amusantes. Le Musee pour enfants de Laval vous invite sur le chemin de la decouverte en vous plongeant dans l'observation du quotidien de l'humain. C'est a travers des ateliers tous aussi divertissants qu'educatifs que les jeunes et les moins jeunes decouvriront plusieurs metiers et professions. Bienvenue dans notre regard sur le monde des humains. Le musee est principalement adapte pour les enfants de 2 a 8 ans accompagnes de leurs parents ou educateurs.
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

This place is so expensive for nothing. This is not a museum. Materials are old. This place is falling to pieces. I would avoid bringing your children here . They will probably get sick from the dirty fabrics and toys.

1  Thank Johanne345
There are newer reviews for Musee Pour Enfants

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I went with my daughter on a weekday morning - early. We almost opened the place. There were 2-3 other children there with us, at most. We had most of the "exhibits" to ourselves.

My daughter is a very active 2 1/2. She had a good time. She liked playing with the various toys in each area. She liked being able to touch everything. For a child, this is okay.

From my perspective, however, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Yes, I know it's a "museum" for kids, and it's not about me, but....

1) To call this a "museum" seems a bit rich. It feels a lot more like themed play areas. The focus is definitely on play and less on learning. And the play is on very generic topics.

2) The condition of the spaces: Very worn down. Dated. Uninspired. It's as if they are just trying to milk the space for every last penny without putting in anything to maintain or even upgrade. The police car was worn down, ripped interior, the paint was gone from the floors, etc...

3) Whatever learning there was seemed basic and felt mailed in - as if they knew they needed *something* to call themselves a museum... I remember the microscope cards at the "vet". They showed a leaf and whiskers. Things that are easily visible to the naked eye without a microscope...

4) There wasn't enough space to accommodate a lot of people. My daughter only enjoyed as she did because she was able to play with the limited toys without interference. If it were much busier, this would have been a total bust.

5) Cost. At $26 for one adult and a child, I found this way too expensive for what we received.

This place is on its last legs. It's time to let it die and send it to the museum for old, worn-out museums.

My daughter and I went to the Children's museum in Boston, and were amazed. That one is light years ahead of Laval's attempt.

I don't see a reason to go back to this one.

2  Thank MarkCan
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Do NOT go to this terrible place.

Since they opened, it seems like they haven't cleaned nor renovated the place. It is very expensive considering there is nothing to do for kids over 7. Parents pay the big price and all they get to see is the old materials and germy fabrics in the place. Avoid this visit. It is a waste of you time and money. There are much better places to see.

Overview: extremely disappointed and stinky place

2  Thank Tom R
Reviewed February 28, 2013

It's very babyish, not a museum so much as a play center. My kid was 7 when she went there, and was not greatly amused.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Plenty of space for your kids to have fun. They can play in a cave, a restaurant, police car, boat, school, space ship, grocery and many other decors. We had a nice party and everybody had fun. Thanks!