“Convenient location for Formula One in Montreal”

Hampton Suites Laval Quebec
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Maryland
“Convenient location for Formula One in Montreal”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times when attending the Formula One Event in Montreal.
It is far more economical and quieter than downtown hotels. The staff are very efficient and friendly. The hotel and rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was good with many choices and well taken care of by the staff.
There are also quite a few restaurants only a short drive away. We find this to be a convenient location and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The front desk staff were amazing. Pierre helped us plan out our evening plans which were to take place in downtown Montreal. The checkout process was also very delightful. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Complimentary breakfast in the morning gave us enough sustenance to make the journey back home.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Diana B
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 5, 2014

At first glance I was not to sure about this hotel judging from the surroundings. The exterior of the hotel is well kept and the inside of the hotel is very clean and up to date. The staff speaks both English and French, which I was glad as I don't speak French. I found my room to be quite nice and was surprised by how heavy the door to my room was, which also meant it was solid and would keep out any noises from the hallway. I found it funny that my thermostat in the room was displaying in Celsius and had to look up on the computer what the proper number would be for the temperature I wanted in Fahrenheit. The TV channel selection is not as abundant as some hotels with a mixture of French and English programming.

The breakfast area was very well kept and well stocked both times I went down for breakfast. The internet connection seemed to be plenty fast. One night I walked to dinner at Restaurant Terracina which is just down the block. If you want good Italian and don't mind slightly higher prices this is a good place to eat. See my review for more information.

To get downtown from here took me about 30 minutes without traffic. From downtown it actually took me 1:45 when I left town at 4:30pm and it was raining. To get to the airport it took me about 45 minutes at 7am. Within about 10 min drive there are plenty of other places to eat and a mall as well.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had specials needs for my mom after she had a major operation. They were helpful and understanding and provided us with what she needed. They took care of us and every time we go back for mom's follow up appointments they still make sure we have what we need. They reconise us even if we only go every 4 months.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Ontario
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Clean, quiet, off the main highways surrounding Laval, with a friendly staff and great included breakfast. The pool was a godsend for the kids, and I enjoyed the exercise room. I'll remember to ask for firmer pillows though, the next time we stay.

Room Tip: Bathrooms have their own heaters - a nice touch if you remember to turn on the thermostat!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Excellent value at this hotel. Great room, large, clean. Delicious free breakfast in the morning. Newspaper delivered to your door. Easy location to access the 440 Hwy. Staff very friendly. Definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We really enjoyed our family stay at the hotel. For a very reasonable price we had a clean room & bathroom, a good breakfast every morning and access to the pool. The pool area was clean and the water was warm. The staff was great. We would go back any time. Thank you

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family