“A touch of European elegance....”

Le St-Martin Hotel and Suites
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel St-Martin in Laval. It was a memorable experience. The staff was very knowledgeable and accommodating and the lobby inviting with a two-way fireplace to give warmth to the room. The room was wonderfully appointed, wonderful amenities, and the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in - especially away on business. The breakfast was very nicely presented.
I am looking forward to returning to this fine property this month - an excellent value. Perhaps I will include a photo on my next review of this fine property.

Room Tip: My corner room had a double set of windows - wonderful to enjoy the warmth of the sunshine.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Marian334

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I lived in Laval for many years and I know all the hotels pretty well. I would say its probably the best choice even though they could improve at some level.

Rooms have a good size, wi fii included, which is essential for me, rooms are clean, bed are very comfy, clean bathroom. They have a small interior spa and gym, and a outside pool for summer time.

I think they could improve customer service by having a valet service, someone who carry your luggage for you in your room and bring them back downstairs when you leave.Also, in my opinion, the breakfast is really not ideal. I mean.. its fine but it could be better.. Its more kind of a cold breakfast small "buffet".. If you want to eat warm, I think they have scramble eggs and oatmeal in bags. No breakfast in the room is available and there is no restaurants in the hotel. You have to get outside or order from a restaurant outside of the hotel for delivery.

What's best with this hotel is this location. Its perfectly situated in Laval! This one and the Sheraton are the best.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Krystelle005
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a few years in a row for my husband’s Christmas party which is held in a near-by reception hall. I will echo what others have said concerning no sidewalk. The drive way slopes down to the road and the road also slopes down to the main road. This can be very slippery in the cold weather and difficult to walk on. The breakfast is now advertised as a gourmet breakfast. I would call it an enhanced continental breakfast with boiled and scrambled eggs. Very nice but gourmet is overstating it. The room we had this year had a dingy carpet. Rooms we have stayed in the past had nice wood floors. In the past bathrobes and slippers were provided – something they seem to no longer provide. As others have mentioned the wooden legs on the beds are a danger. We both hit our shins on them. We did not sleep well due to noises coming from the hall. We were woken up several times. Someone mentioned stairs leading to the breakfast room from the lobby. There is an elevator right next to the stairs that take you to the breakfast room so it is accessible to a wheelchair. It is a nice hotel but we don’t sleep well in it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mmv686
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hotel Le St. Martin was an overall great experience. The hotel itself was very warm and inviting. The staff was also very helpful and spoke both English and French. The room was clean and it included a fully stocked bar.

We booked this hotel about 1 week in advanced and were still able to get a good deal. We found that booking just outside of Montreal one could get more bang for your buck. BE WARNED though that your cell phone [if it is an American Carrier i.e. Sprint, Verizon] WILL NOT WORK once you cross the border without incurring additional fees. This means that your GPS will not function either. Your first order of business should be getting a map!

The hotel also included free breakfast every morning which consisted of Croissants, bagels, cereal, eggs etc. and also Free WIFI, which is a savior if you are using a smart phone. Bed was great, food was great and the staff was very helpful. Would stay here again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I staied here one night during a business trip, the hotel is located aroudn 30 mins from Montreal downtown. Rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. Internet is free and works very well. Breakfast is good, good selection and fresh products. Price is right for the quality of the hotel and specially the room and the bed!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dino L
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Minutes away from highway, malls, restaurants. Very nice lobby, classical style. Widely available parking. Great for families. Express style breakfast with a couple of options. Very comfy rooms and very good staff. Highly recommended if you are staying in that area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Fawaz S
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here twice now for business. It is a very comfortable hotel. Free parking for those who are driving. Service is great - there were umbrellas to borrow when it was raining outside. Breakfast is included. The bar in the evening is nice as well with a fireplace, large television and lots of seating to relax. If you are looking for a restaurant, you will need to venture out of the hotel.

Beds are very comfortable. Bathrooms are clean and modern. They have nice seating areas and include a throw to keep warm while curdled up in a chair to watch TV or read a book. I also liked the Keurig in the bathroom and must remember to bring some of my K-cups for my next stay.

The only downsides to this hotel was that the WiFi doesn't work in all rooms, as there are two sides to this hotel. The first time I stayed, I had great WiFi reception but was in the older portion of the hotel. In the newer section which is quite far from reception, does not receive the WiFi signal. I was ok with it as I have a good plan with my cellphone carrier.

The service is excellent and I would definitely stay here again if I am staying in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business