“Best Mussels ever !”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Best Mussels ever !”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Busy restaurant with great "local" vibe ! chose the mussels "Provençale" - in a luscious tomato/herb broth. They arrived in a large steamer pot - most generous helping ever with every mussel being plump and open - no closed ones at all. the broth was beyond belief : so fresh , clearly made with only the best ingredients.

I chose the upgrade from regular frites to sweet potato frites - and those came with house made stone ground Dijon mayonnaise.

Attentive and timely service despite the restaurant being full. I was reluctant to try this chain because I find the menu a bit conventional and 'just another fancy burger place'...........I stand corrected. The large copper brewing vessels at the entry promise a different experience.

Bill for all this glory - including a glass of Pinot Grigio : $ 34.95 ( sans tip). I will be back for sure.

• Visited February 2014

Montreal
“Chrstmas Party”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Where do I start ............. We had our work X-mas party December 20 2013.
There was a snow storm that night so the restaurant was not to full but it was busy
now the poor waitress was told by the MANAGEMENT to come and tell us that we could NOT have our steak well down because we a large party?????? we were maybe 40 people. I told her you are KIDDING? I asked her to send over the MANAGER who told her this and she did and the he did show up so I asked for an explanation to why I'm not being able to get my steak the way I want it and he said because your are in a party and once again I must of had a dumb look on my face?????? because I could not believe the reason so I told him if I go sit at one of the empty tables in the restaurant can I get my steak the way I want it? and he said YES so I proceeded to tell him lets pretend I'm sitting at another table now can I have the steak the way I would like it AND THEY DID ______

I have eaten at the 3 BRASSEURS at the old port twice and never had an issue
I understand this is a new location
all I have to say is TRAIN YOUR MANAGERS TO BE ABLE TO DEAL with a busy restaurant

As for the poor waitress I went up to her and gave her a tip separate from our group because I understand she was only doing what the MANGEMENT told her to say
The Service from the waitress was excellent
as for the management you need to be re-trained

as for the food that night I don't think anybody at our party had anything good to say

what a shame

the food at the Old Port location is much better

• Visited December 2013
Quebec City, Canada
“Really Good”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

They brew their own selection of beers, so you need to be the type to try new things. Try the sampler if you want to try it all. The menu is very european style, so if you are not familiar, try something new, you won't regret, it's all good.

Visited July 2013
Laval, Canada
“Excellent place to relax”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great environment, great food and great service. Everything we had on the menu was good and the beer brewed locally is excellent.

• Visited December 2013
Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada
“Another good experience”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was my second visit to this location. Beers first-rate...blonde and ambrée. Our group enjoyed the fish and chips, sauerkraut and sausage, burgers, etc. Music a little loud for my taste, but then I wasn't expecting a quiet evening at home. Very quick service. We'll be back...

• Visited September 2013