“The Best Thing About This Restaurant? Bring Your Own Wine!”
Review of Okia

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Okia
Ranked #352 of 675 Restaurants in Laval
Cuisines: Sushi
Laval, Canada
“The Best Thing About This Restaurant? Bring Your Own Wine!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Château de la Chaize 2011. This is a Brouilly, from the Beaujolais region of France. It comprises dark cherry and damsons aromas. Savoury minerality on the palate with ripe red fruit, but easy to drink at the same time. Good weight and depth. I chose this wine thinking it would be a good accompaniment to Thai/Sushi cuisine. Little did I know, however, that this wine would be the only thing worth writing a review on. And I brought it with me as this is a "Bring Your Own Wine!" Restaurant.

Need I say more? Okay, I will; only because when you spend over $60 at a restaurant with your wife and bring your own wine you tend to expect a little bit more for your money, especially after reading some of the other reviewers at other sites who give the impression that this is a great Asian restaurant. I'll give you some advice though - don't believe any of them. The ambience, the food, the service are absolutely terrible.

But then again, the rubbery Calmars Frits were a joy to eat if you like exercising your jaws 'til your muscles ache; and the sushi was definitely fresh-as-the-morning-newspaper and appeared to be as creative as your average garden variety choice prepared at your local IGA. The Poulet Géneral Tao? Well, I think I'll stop here and simply say that I heard recently that a shipment of 40 million rodents destined to Asian restaurants in North America was recently stopped at the border. Well, apparently some of them made it through.

What upsets me the most, and I'm sure many of you out there too are tired of being duped by false advertising, is that they have the nerve to say on their business card "Fine Cuisine Asiatique." Give me a break! This is one of the worst, if not the worst Asiatique Restaurants my wife and I have ever had the displeasure of eating at. Point Final!

• Visited May 2013