“Same as any other Keg :-)”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Laval
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Laval is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 671 Restaurants in Laval
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A steakhouse with a difference. Great Keg steaks, a casual atmosphere, and friendly, knowledgeable service are the proud trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Visit, and experience firsthand The Keg philosophy of welcoming you not as a customer, but as a guest. Every location offers a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and casual bar setting. Each is a welcoming destination on its own, and together they create an energetic and inviting, uniquely gratifying restaurant experience. We look forward to welcoming you in our Keg Steakhouse & Bar restaurants. No matter the location, you can be assured to live a unique experience and have an enjoyable evening!
Montreal, Canada
“Same as any other Keg :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Well after ironing out the growing pains this new location of The Keg Steakhouse is at par with any other Keg I ever been to! :-) great steaks, good service and impressive decord!

Laval, QC
“Incredible steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have always loved the Keg so I was very happy to hear that is was opening so close to home. The new location did not disappoint! The meal was incredible and the service was excellent. A great meal in a beautiful atomosphere. I will definitely be going back.

Montreal, Canada
“Great Food, Posh Decor, No Reservations Accepted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Recently opened at Carrefour Laval, our group decided to give it a try.

The decor of this Keg can only be described as modern and posh, very pleasing to the eye. The multiple fireplaces within the lounge / bar area were an elegant, cozy touch.

No reservations are accepted, which is a big negative. It was an over 2 hour wait to be seated, which all things considered, is absurd. I understand this is done so the restaurant can scoop significantly more money from hungry & thirsty patrons at the lounge / bar. However, the lounge / bar while spacious was unable to accommodate a significant amount of people, who had to mill about in the lobby. The management needs to rethink this strategy, as we agreed to the long haul on this occasion as it had recently opened. As the novelty of that wears off, it is unlikely that most people will always accept arriving at 6:30pm, seated at 8:45pm, food arriving at 9:45pm, which is late to be eating your main course.

The servers all had the traditional Keg accoutrements: tight, short black dresses. Our servers at the bar and at our table were very friendly, pleasant and courteous.

Our group ordered a wide variety of main courses (sirloin, salmon, burger, crab cakes, cranberry salad etc), and the universal sentiment was that the offerings were fresh, delicious and cooked to order. The twice baked potato (Monte Carlo) was particularly well prepared as a side, and should not be missed.

The wine menu had a nice selection for just about all tastes and pairings. The server was certainly not a sommelier, nor was there one on staff. No advice for pairings were offered. This is a shortcoming for a restaurant at this price point for the main course and wine.

The dessert menu had a nice variety, and were of sufficiently generous portions to comfortably share between two people.

With a drink at the bar, a substantive main course, shared bottles of wine and dessert, you're comfortably looking at $85+ each plus tip.

Subject to the lack of reservations, I would definitely go back and recommend the new Carrefour Laval Keg.

3 Thank TravellingTFP
“Impressive decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Impressive decor at the new Keg Steakhouse. I think they have to iron out few things and the staff to be aware of The Keg philosophy.about service, etc... Been to the Keg in TO, Ottawa and downtown locations many times this one show potential...

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Awesome atmosphere, great steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I went for dinner on a Saturday night and it was a great experience. We had to wait around the bar area due to the place being really busy before our table was available. We ended up ordering dinner at the bar (since I was hungry) as well as having some martinis and wine. For appetizers we really liked scallops wrapped in bacon. The crab cakes were just ok. My husband had a great steak which came with delicious mushrooms, and asparagus. I usually don't like steak too much but this one was GREAT! For my main meal, I had mushrooms with salmon which was also good. Next time we go I will order the steak since it's really greatly prepared! We didn't get the chance to try desserts since we were super full.

Everything in the Keg was great except the drinks which did not contain much alcohol. I usually can only handle one martini (that night I had 6)! My husband said that his cranberry vodka was also not strong.

• Visited January 2013