“Not worth the money” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Montreal
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Wanted to try seeing as we heard good things about the restaurant. Do not agree with most of the reviews. We found the food bland. My husband had the pulled pork sandwich and said the predominant taste was the roasted red pepper. Considering the pork supposedly cooks for a long time one would think it should have had more taste and been much more tender and less dry. I had the seared tuna salad. The tuna was passable (have had much better) and the vinaigrette was just not for me. I am almost certain the black olives came from a can. So, this was our first and last experience at Table 51.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Montreal, Canada
“Best Bang For Your Buck Steak EVER.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This review will be kept simple and straight to the point.

(Le Steak Frites) - 39$ .. 16oz french cut rib steak. Probably one of the best steaks I ever had, and definitely the best steak I've eaten for 39$. I'm a very picky when it comes to my steak, this is high grade quality organic beef. I would comfortably expect to pay 60$ for this steak calibre.

I can say that this steak is superior to any steak I've ever eaten at Gibbys in Montreal, anyone that says otherwise is just bias.

I've eaten their steak 3 times, and each time was perfect and worthy of a review. I eat my steak rare, and you get that hard crust sear from the outside and succulent interior. The pictures speak for themselves.

Must try.

• Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Twice in two days!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went here for dinner on June 11, then went for lunch on June 12. Got the same thing both times. That should tell you something. Got the "carnitas" which are not really carnitas but sort of a pulled pork sandwich and is it delicious!!!! Service is very friendly & efficient. I recommend this place highly!

• Visited June 2013
Canada
“Urban Cuisine at it's finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I ate at Table 51 a few times before, and just ate there yesterday April 7th this my first review.
Food has always been excellent and fresh. The menu has things ranging from 15$ in the sandwich section to filet mignon at 39$ in the main course section depending on your budget.
I had the Braised Beef, and it was extremely tender and juicy, the other patrons I was eating with ordered most from the sandwich menu and everything was looked incredible. You get a VERY large pile of delicious shoestring fries with your sandwich.
I recommend going, there is something for everyone, even if its just for desert the deep fried oreo's keeps you coming back. The Key Lime is good too.

• Visited April 2013
montreal
“excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

2nd time going there, and will continue to go back.
food is excellent, service is great, and has a good atmosphere.

a nice change in restaurants in laval.

• Visited March 2013