“OK Hotel”

Best Western Laval-Montreal
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Nohing fancy here. Booked a room on Hotwire. The place was clean and quiet. Free WiFi worked well.

Not a lot of choices at breakfast, but it was free.

If you only need a place to sleep and get a good deal, this place will do...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bigbadbruins
Carlo S, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for the comments that you posted and we are glad to hear that you found the hotel clean and quite.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Hubby and I stayed here... I thought it was a nice place. We had a pretty big room with a king bed. Yes bathroom could use an upgrade but we don't sweat the little things.. after all we aren't there to stare at the bathroom. The bed was real comfortable and staff was great! It could do a little better in the breakfast area but they had lots of variety and we welcomed it. Overall I would definitely return and recommend this place to my friends... ;)

• Stayed: January 2014
Carlo S, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

I have read your comments that you have posted and I would to thank on behalf of myself and the entire staff. Also, we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Thanks

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My hotel of choice great room king bed super comfortable, room always well cleaned. If you like it warm chosse an inside room looking over the atrium if you like it cool get a room looking outside. Nice pool and gym plus a good included in price breckfast. The staff is very accomadating, nice and helpfull. this is not the first time and nor will it be the last.

Room Tip: room 330 king bed hardwood floors very spacious with bathroom sink and counter on outside of bathro...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
bravoRome, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you very much for the recent comments we are glad that we have been able to make your stay a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you in the mere future..

Regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have stayed here a few years ago and was very pleasantly surprised with my most recent stay. The hotel has been significantly renovated. I stayed in a King room with with the most comfortable bed, hardwood floor, large desk and refrigerator. Perfect...everything I needed for my stay. The hotel offers a free full breakfast buffet which was included in the rate. This was a nice bonus and it had everything that I needed.

The trip was for business and visiting friends in the city. I had to be in Laval, Pierrefonds and downtown Montreal so this location worked very well for me. Parking is free and the hotel has free wi-fi as well.

The hotel has an indoor pool, fitness room, meeting rooms galore and business centre.
The staff were great, friendly and helpful. I was there for 3 nights. Special thanks to Carlo, Jessica (there are 2), Amanda and Kevin for making my stay comfortable.

Laval has changed so much in the past few years with great dining and shopping. Definately my hotel of choice when my travels bring me to the Montreal area. I just wished it was more often.

Room Tip: All rooms are accessible with the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Carlo S, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you very much for the comments you made and we are glad that we were able to make your stay a good one. I will make sure that everyone reads the comment.

Regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had a business meeting in Montreal and ended up at the Best Western. What a great hotel. The staff was really friendly and they went above and beyond the call of duty.

They were informative about the places to visit and what to do. What a great hotel, and I'm definitely going to stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Carlo S, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments and we are glad that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one.
On belhalf of myself and my staff Thank You.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Didn’t have a choice in hotels this trip as it was booked for me. Upon arrival, the outside of the property appeared to be clean and well kept. We were greeted in both French & English which was good because my co-working speaks English only. Once inside my room, the first thing I checked was the bed. It was very comfortable; the bed linens were clean & crisp, obviously fairly new. The room wasn’t large, nor was the bathroom, but big enough; the décor was as expected for a hotel. The unfortunate part was that there no services within the hotel nor in the immediate vicinity. The nearest restaurant was a $15 taxi ride away. The next morning, we had breakfast at the hotel, which was included in the room rate. I guess we weren’t there early enough as the scrambled eggs were hard & unappetizing, there was no more bacon, all that was left was dry pancakes, bread for toast, muffins and sausages. Based on the lack of services and poor breakfast, this hotel scores 3/5.

Room Tip: get a room with a windows that opens, the rooms can be hot at night
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank E N

We are sorry to here about the breakfast isue you had but please note that we are there to service you and please next time all you have to do is ask and we would of given you the fresh eggs and bacon without any hesitation. I apologize for this oversite on our belhalf and thank you for brining it up we will make sure this does not happen again.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Travel quite often and would normally not complain but was disappointed at Best Western. Ok location for shopping, restaurants etc. Booked king jacuzzi suite for 2 nights but wanted to leave after the first nite. Staff pleasant but unfortunately that did not make up for room. Huge hot tub put in after that fact and furniture placed in awkward places making room uncomfortable trying to bring outdated room up to date leaving one with a feeling of staying in a motel. Room doesnt give you the feeling that it hasa been cleaned. Would possibly stay again if hotel was ever revamped.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlo S, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you did not like our rooms , but this a personal taste and in which we can't satisfy everyone. The rooms have been revamped about a year ago. Again thanks for your comments