“Great hotel for the business traveller, value priced for Montreal area.”

Best Western Laval-Montreal
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Oakville, Ontario
“Great hotel for the business traveller, value priced for Montreal area.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Solid hotel, recently converted from another brand about 1 yr ago. Very friendly helpful staff. Rooms are clean, and well maintained. I have stayed on one previous occasion (Nov 2012) and returned again. Breakfast was buffet style and was adequate. All in all this hotel keeps up with the expectation of consistent quality you come to expect from BW.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Carlo S, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you very much for the comments you made during your stay and mwe are glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

From all of us Thank You.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at this Best Western location when I came in to the area to attend the National Track & Field Championships, as I have always been pleased with my Best Western experiences. This location unfortunately, was very disappointing. My room was extremely expensive, considering the average conditions. Room was comfortable, but not worth what I was charged - the room was supposed to sleep 4 people comfortably, but I assure you, we were cramped and uncomfortable on one queen plus a pull-out couch. Hallways were noisy at night; breakfast was average. All in all, not my best hotel experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carlo S, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Jessica s,

Sorry to hear that we were not satisfy your stay and that you ended up with a room with a sofa bed. You must remember that you were hear for a track meet and this was a negotiated rate which I beleive was at $109.00. Therefore, I am sorry that you found this expensive for 4 people and which included breakfast for 4 people. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast, we try to satisfy everyone but tastes and comfort are different for everyone, but I thank you for the comments and we will work at improving this ares where we may of failed.

Carlo
Thornhill, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel in the past when visiting relatives, as it is close to the highway, Carrefour Laval (large mall), restaurants and other amenities. I chose it again for the price, and because it provides free wifi, free breakfast, free parking and a pool (my wife wanted one). It was as expected, so I was pleased with that. Room is clean and comfortable, good shower, nice hotel, etc. All good reasons to stay.

On the negative side, a few points:
- Breakfast is repetitive, except they switch bacon with sausage on occasion. But it's plenty enough to satisfy most people, and even kids who are tough to feed (cereal, fruit, toast, muffins, etc.).
- A/C is really loud, so turn it on when you're out and turn it off when you get back if you have issues with sleeping due to noise.
- The bar never seemed to be open, but it's perhaps a chicken and the egg problem. If no one hangs out in the bar, why open it, but if it's not open, who will go there?

The one thing that truly bothered me was during check-in. I had booked a 2-queen room, and the person at the desk asked if I wanted to be upgraded to a 2-queen room once he saw that I had my daughter with us. He made it seem like he was doing me a favour, as he was going to put me in a one-queen room, but he had extra rooms. I showed him my booking sheet with the 2-queen booking, and it felt like he did a bit of a scramble to find me a room that I had actually paid for in advance and booked. I was put in a decent room, but I don't think it was the one I actually reserved. Fortunately, it worked out, but if the hotel was full, there would have been an issue.

Room Tip: Some interior rooms have balconies, so if you like that, ask for one.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carlo S, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
David G,

Thank you veryfor the comments both the positive and the not so negatuive. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we holpe that we will be able to accomodate you in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in one of their King Bed Suite with Whirlpool. I usually go with Hotwire for business trips, but decided to book directly this time and took advantage of 3 night promo that was available during booking.

I checked in on a Monday evening as I drove for this trip. It started off great. The front desk attendant was pleasant. The property does not offer any food on-site. My room was facing the bar/breakfast/stair area. Interesting as it had a balcony. However, does not have a window facing outside and can be dark at times. Room was fairly clean. Whirlpool was not bad, but could have been cleaner. Good thing I brought swimming trunks which I used while using the whirlpool.

The a/c unit can be a bit tricky if you don't play around with it. It made noises at times during the night. Figured best to keep it on Quiet and Ion mode. Breakfast was included and served at the open area. Pretty basic setup with one person working. Came back quite late due to dinner meeting. There was a different front desk attendant who did not even say hi.

Second day breakfast was about the same as previous day. I left a tip for the attendant and did the same this day. I noticed that people were putting away their dishes into the bus pans that was setup in the corner by the kitchen door. I wasn't sure if that was the 'normal' procedure and figured leaving a tip would cover me. I filled up my coffee to back to my room and gather my things for work. The cook flagged me down, looked at my plate at the table and said, 'oh, never mind.' Asked if I spoke Spanish or French, etc. I had a feeling he wanted to tell me to put my dishes away, but probably saw the tip. I'm assuming, and glad he did not ask me because I would have been very upset.

When I returned for the 3rd night, it was the same attendant who didn't even look up to say hi even though I tried to make eye contact. The property does a good job of ensuring that people are not noisy past 10 pm in the main areas as sound travels through balcony door. On this night, whomever was prepping for breakfast dropped a bunch of plates at around 5:30 am, about 45 mins before I had to wake up.

Last breakfast, I went ahead and put my dishes away and did not leave a tip. Even got my hand wet from the bus pan with soapy water for utensils to soak. Also observed a staff discussion by the kitchen doors which could have been done behind the doors, and not in front of guests. I believe the gentleman was a night manager of some sort, but hard to tell the way he was dressed.

If you can find comparable pricing in the area, I would suggest trying the other properties that are closer to Carrefour Place. I am likely staying in Laval again shortly and will take my chances with Hotwire next time.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the outside with a window
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Carlo S, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
John A,

I am sorry to hear that we were not able to accomodate you in the way you expected and the fact that you were looking for a widow in a room that face an atrium with a balcony.
I would also like to apologize for the fact that you felt as though you had to leave a tip or clear your table, this is totally to your discretion and we don't oblige anyone. Finally , sorry about the nose that woke you up earlier than your time. Though , thank you you for the coments we will ensure that this does not happen in the future. Sorry to hear that you will stay in Laval bt not wit us unfortunately we are not able to satisfy everyone but we certainly work hard at doing it.

Travelers are raving about these Laval hotels

Chicago
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in every way. The rooms were lovely with all the modern amenities and furnishings. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very nice too (loved the croissants!). The location was very convenient, an easy drive into Montreal. And the parking was free, which you won't generally find downtown.

This was an especially good choice for those traveling with dogs, as we were. There is a pet fee but it is a modest $10 per night. It's about a two-minute drive to the Des Rossignols Dog Park on Boulevard des Rossignols, which is pretty basic but if all you're looking for is a fenced in area, it's perfect. The hotel is also only a short walk from the Des Ruisseaux Centre Canin just a few doors away, which offers dog training and boarding, so if you want to leave your dogs behind during the day while you explore the city, the location is perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ken)32

Thank you very uch for your comments and we are glad that we were able to make your stay an enjouable one.
Once again from myself and the entire staff Thank You.
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review as I sit in my bed at the hotel. My colleague and I are visiting Laval on a business trip, and we were first surprised to find the room set at 16 degrees. Even after I adjusted the temperature, it was too cold and I ended up turning on the heat in the morning.The toilet basin has been leaking water into the toilet the entire time, making it noisy. I just finished taking a shower and there was no hot water coming out of the faucet. Also, front desk has nothing available, so do not forget your toiletries.

• Stayed August 2013
Carlo S, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Brian K.,

I am sorry to hear that we were not able to make your stay as satisfactory as you may of wanted it to be , but as for the hot water we did encountr a problem and the problem was fixed in the same evening so I am sorry to hear that you did not have hot water.
Brian K, it would have been great if these comments would of been mentioned upon check out where we could of explained it to you.
Thanks anyone for the comments and we will correct the issues with the cold room and the toilet.

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very nice and clean BW. We had a huge room with a balcony that overlooked the breakfast/coffee area - was great - wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Traffic around the hotel is very busy - don't travel in rush hour times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlo S, General Manager at Best Western Laval-Montreal, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Barb G.,

Thank you very much for the comments that you made during recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed it and I will forward the comments to the rest of the staff.

Regards