“It was alright”
Review of Cosmodome

Cosmodome
Ranked #6 of 53 things to do in Laval
More attraction details
Owner description: The Cosmodome is Canada's only world-class museum devoted entirely to astronautics and space exploration. This institution's mission is to stimulate the interest of the young and young at heart, here and abroad, to space science, scientific literacy and careers related to the world of astronautics. To this end, the Cosmodome draws upon the fascinating history of space exploration - the outstanding achievements and tremendous challenges of space pioneers and interplanetary travel's new explorers.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went for march break, there are basically three missions tat each last an hour. The museum is free with purchase and is the size of my backyard. The simulators were not available to use unless you were the with a group or for a party. It was alright, it's basically short movies, you play interactive games on touch screens and switch rooms a few time. You have to really be into all this outer space stuff to enjoy it...staff was awesome, place was super clean, plenty of parking and lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Only did one mission, forty bucks for family rate.

1  Thank D G
There are newer reviews for Cosmodome

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was invited by Xerox, They had an event at the Cosmodome. This is a great place to take the family, A lot to see, a lot to learn I wish I had more time to roam around instead of the meet and greet. the date I've indicated is incorrect, however the list does not allow me to put the actual date. Doesn't really matter the place is great to visit.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was super excited at the idea of this but some things can be done to improve the overall experience. The staff we very helpful at explaining the missions and what we had to do to us. We were given wristbands with sensors to help keep track of our "mission". However one of the games which had us looking for matching pictures made us concentrate more on speed than learning about the planets with the information given to us. Also due to the tracking used I was expecting to receive stats information at the end as to how well I had performed so was very disappointed to just put them in a container at the end. The "museum" at the end was nice but not amazing. We were super sad that by the time we finished in the museum the gift shop was closed so I did not have a chance to buy anything to remember the trip by.

1  Thank chakstoneboo
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I was invited to visit the Cosmodome a couple days ago and i was told that it was an interactive museum. However the entire visit consisted in watching 3 or 4 videos in different rooms (every five minutes it forces you to move into the next room. And 2 or 3 interactive games (most of them quite boring to be honest, in a not very responsive touch screen). The idea of the place is actually quite cool, the wristbands that interact with their system, the (very few) things to see in their little exhibit... All that was interesting but not worth 18 dollars at all. Children under 7 enters free, but for everyone else it seems a bit overpriced.

2  Thank Victor A
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Laval isnt booming with things to do but if you are in the area Cosmodome is worth a visit. Its fun and interactive. Something for all ages. The only Mission ideal for 5-7 year olds is the Red Planet.

1  Thank WigglyToronto