“Good but used to be better”

Enoteca Monza Pizzeria Moderna
Ranked #5 of 675 Restaurants in Laval
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Daniel Johnson
Transit: By Metro: From the Montmorency metro station on the orange line, take bus 61 or 70 and get off at the stop located on Pierre-Peladeau Ave.; By Car: Enoteca Mozza is located on the corner of St-Martin Blvd. West and Highway 15; Taxi: For taxi service in Laval, dial (450) 688-8700
Description: Authentic. Italian. Enoteca Monza Pizzeria Moderna - a modern-world eatery that stays true to traditions, favored for its thin crust wood-fired pizzas. For business lunches, after-work cocktails, family dinners, casual nights with friends or an evening with that special someone, Enoteca Monza is your go-to destination. The menu features Italian classics and contemporary favorites, including arancini, calamari fritti and veal parmigiano plus a host of delicious pasta dishes. These dishes are further complimented by the wine bar and extensive offerings of wines by the glass.
Montreal, Canada
“Good but used to be better”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was not the first time we dined in this restaurant. The pizza was good but the veal portion was rather small. We were a bit dissapointed of the service - we waited quite some time. It was very crowdy and loud..

• Visited September 2013
Michael G, Owner at Enoteca Monza Pizzeria Moderna, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hello Taniq,

Thank you for your recent visit to our restaurant and for taking the time to review it.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the pizza, but disappointed you did not enjoy the service and ambiance. Our veal portions are quite large and have never changed, so I'm not sure what the issue was there.

As a returning client I strongly urge you that if ever you are not satisfied with the meal or service to please address a manager and they will resolve the issue immediately to the best of their ability. We always strive to improve and direct feedback on the spot is the best tool for that.

Thank you and we hope to serve you again soon,
The Team at Enoteca Mozza.

“Pasta not too fresh”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Mozza many times and usually leave satisfied (I'm not hard to please). That said, for your choice of food, the pizza is excellent. Stay away from the pasta. It's pretty dry and seems that it was prepared 3 days earlier. Really didn't enjoy it.

• Visited August 2013
Michael G, Owner at Enoteca Monza Pizzeria Moderna, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hello Goopensgoo,

Thank you for your recent visit to our restaurant, I am glad to hear you are a fan of our pizzas!

I wanted to respond to your remark about the pasta. As you can imagine, Pizza and Pasta are our two best selling items. Pasta is prepared twice daily (before each service) and is always fresh.

It is possible your dish was not cooked to your liking, and for that we have managers on site and the waiters are able to exchange your dish, but I would like to assure you that it is absolutely fresh.

We hope to serve you again soon and if there is ever an issue please ask for manager.

Enoteca Mozza.
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Have been to this restaurant several times and I always leave the place satisfied and happy. Pizza is delicious,- authentic Italian !!! I always promise to myself that I will try a different main course but I always pick them same...so good!! Worth the try!!!

Visited July 2013
Michael G, Owner at Enoteca Monza Pizzeria Moderna, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello Sarah K,

Thank you very much for your review of our restaurant.

We are always happy to hear when our guests have a pleasant experience and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others.

We look forward to serving you again soon!

Sudbury, Canada
“Impressed”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went to Mozza Pizzeria while I was visiting friends in Montreal.The location is great and they have a very nice patio.They have individual pizzas all of them topped with fresh ingredients.I had the prochutto pizza with fresh arugula on top. It was fantastic.I wish we had a place like that in Sudbury.

• Visited May 2013
Hello Chantal F,

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant on your trip to Montreal.

The Rucola Pizza (with the prosciutto) is definitely one of our favourites!

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the Montreal area.

Montreal, Canada
“Great thin slice pizza; terrible bar service”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Went with my husband on a Saturday night and the place was packed. The atmosphere was good and the place is trendy. We had to wait for a table so we decided to go inside for a drink at the bar. The service at the bar is terrible! In those 10 minutes of waiting at the bar not one bartender cared to come and serve us! If I had to wait for our table any longer, I would've had to complain about the really bad bar service but luckily it didn't come to that.

Once our table was ready, we had a great server who was quick, very friendly and polite. He warned us that the portions are big so for appetizer we ordered meatballs ( we got 3 huge meatballs), which were pretty tasty. For my main meal, I ordered chicken, pesto, red pepper, mozzarella thin sliced small pizza ( it wasn't small at all), which was really great. I really liked the super thin, crispy crust. Hubby decided to go for the baked salmon ( which he liked) and garlic/olive oil pasta ( he found it boring). We also had a bottle of red wine.

Would definitely go back for pizza as I enjoyed it very much!

• Visited July 2013
Hello Tjasa K,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to our restaurant and for taking the time to review it and share your experience.

I am glad to hear that you largely had a very pleasant visit and enjoyed the food and so happy to hear you will be coming back.

I am sorry to hear you were not served properly at the bar while waiting for your table and we will look into that, but very glad the outdoor staff met your expectations.

We look forward to serving you again soon.