“Great food... unusual neighbor”
Review of Talay Thai II

Talay Thai II
Ranked #291 of 697 Restaurants in Laval
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I had read the review of this place in La Presse and decided to try it out since we both love Asian food. Upon arriving, we were surprised by the restaurant's downstair neighbor... An erotic massage parlour. Regardless, we entered to find an ordinary and typical decor, but when we tasted the food... WOW! The service was excellent, but the food for the price was outstanding... One can easily pay two if not three times the price at an upscale prententious restaurant like Le Piment Rouge plus you bring your own wine. Well worth it! Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Wasn't to sure after entering...but was very impressed with the food & service! Very impressed, our meals were tasteful and well presented...a multitude of flavours with each bite. We will go back!

1  Thank Simon D
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very tasty, very good value at lunch. They have a nice choice of lunch meals, most of them served with their mango salad that is incredible.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was quite surprised to find a negative review of this place. My husband & I had a date night here last Friday night and it was wonderful. We loved the Thai atmosphere and decor, the service was perfect, the food was absolutely delicious and Chan (one of the owners) even came by to ask if everything was to our liking. We are coming back December 18th, a large group of us, for our staff holiday dinner and party. I'm looking forward to it!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had dinner here at around 8:30pm on a Friday night and the place was dead. No one greeted us so we had to walk in and find someone at the kitchen entrance to seat us. The decor is tacky and looks like they're trying too hard yet the tables, chairs and menu are old and cheap like a high school cafeteria. The ambiance felt like a theme restaurant in an amusement park. My wife and I love Thai food and we arent picky but the food here was so ridiculously bad that I had to share my experience. We ordered 2 different soups to start. Both were way over seasoned and mine had 2 little dry pieces of chicken and 7 baby corn cobs, i had to laugh. The main dishes did not taste fresh - meats were dried out, soggy mushrooms etc. I just can't believe this place is ranked so high on this site. I found the partitions in the restaurant blocking you off from the other patrons very bizarre. I told the cook the food wasn't that good and he explained that it was traditional and they've been serving it for 10 yrs so how could I argue with that. I'm not one to make a fuss anyway. It was more comical than a big problem.  There are two knee high elephants with long tusks at the exit if youre not careful could take out your shin lol. If you enjoy good food and like to go out to eat often like we do, avoid this place.

4  Thank MattWhite21