“Loved this place except the beds”

Quality Suites Laval
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Markham
“Loved this place except the beds”
Reviewed September 18, 2007

OK, I stayed at this hotel twice. First stay was excellent and second stay was just so-so(I got a terrible bed) but overall experience was above average.

Positives-
1- Very clean rooms and very spacious.
2- One of the best staff members I have ever come across. I kept hearing people in Montreal are rude but I totally disagree. I had excellent advice from front desk on a route to take into Quebec City. The guy literally printed out a map and pinpointed areas to be sure to stop off at.
3-Very good location, I could get into downtown in less then 15mins.
4- Huge king sized bed and very comfortable although 2nd stay I got stuck with a very stiff mattress.

Negatives-
1-General area very run down
2-Air Conditioner unit can get a little too loud at times.

Hope this helps.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — General Area
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ShareefBadmash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Maniwaki
Reviewed August 20, 2007

What a wonderful first experience at Priceline. I never expected to get such at great deal. I practically paid half the price asked by calling directly at the hotel. Including taxes, I saved over $60.00 US. I usually check for great offers at Hotwire.

After knowing which hotel I would be staying at, I called directly to make sure that I would get a non-smoking room. I also wanted to know if I would get a good room even though I paid less. What a surprise!! A king size bed, 2 TVs, a refrigerator, and..(just check the pictures).

At the reception, I had the pleasure of meeting Michel. He was extremely helpful and did his very best to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I would certainly return but I wouldn't pay the regular amount asked by Choice Hotels. From now on I will stick to Hotwire or Priceline.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — TV a bit small
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york city
Reviewed May 24, 2005

I stayed at the Qualty Suites from accumulated points with the Choice Hotels. Upon entering the room my husband & I immediately opened the windows, as the newly installed carpet had a terrible glue smell.The room looked clean & pleasant. The King size bed was brick hard. I tried to sleep on the sofa bed (which was covered in plastic). There was a constant compressor noise. The glue smell & noise kept me awake most of the night.

• Stayed May 2005
1 Thank nycgogirl

Travelers are raving about these Laval hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 4, 2005

We stayed here with our children and really would never go back. The beds were ridiculously hard. The sleeper sofa in the living area was decrepit and folded up when in use. It was dirty and the restaurant next door had horrible service. Really, the cheap price is NOT worth it!

Stayed August 2004