“Great stay at the Quality Suites!!!!!”

Quality Suites Laval
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel on a semi regular basis over the last couple of months. Nothing but good things to say about the staff and houskeeping.Everyone is very bilingual and ready and willing to help with any problem that came up.Kim at reception was very polite and knowledgeable,ready to help with anything.Valerie was also helpful in answering my questions about the local scenery. Overall pleasant stays and will not be looking for any other hotel to stay at in this particular area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Suites Laval

Reviewed March 23, 2010

One night was enough! I've stayed at this motel and its neighbor, Comfort Inn, dozens of times over the past 10 years. But, times have definitely changed. This particular facility looks and feels as if pets and spring breakers descended on the place and left their mark and droppings everywhere. Furnishings are broken down, counter laminate is separating, carpets are widely stained and, worst of all, the heating and air conditioning motors make sleeping all but impossible in many rooms.
Last night I was given a room on the third floor directly under a transfer unit or compressor. The noise and vibration would have made conversation difficult, As it was, my expletives out blew the blowers. I returned to the desk where one clerk stated that all rooms sound the same and it would serve no purpose to move me. Fortunately, another staffer obliged my request, moving me to a room I knew to be quieter. I still checked out early the next morning with a reservation for the nearby Hampton.
I spend 10-15 weeks a year in Quebec. In recent years I have seen a striking decline in every Quality Inn I have visited. A few Comfort Inns have bucked this trend, but it seems to be a slippery slope for Choice Hotels, Canada,,, at least in Quebec.
Unless, and until renovations are completed I am outta here and I suggest that anyone expecting a 'suite' experience look elsewhere.
On a positive note; If all other hotels in the area are booked, and you have ear plugs and sandals or thick socks, knock yourself out.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank J K
Reviewed October 17, 2009

Had $5-6000.00 of stuff stolen from my truck first night.. Staff admitted it was the 4th break-in that week. Hotel took no responsibility even though there lighting in the parking lot was not working.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I have stayed here twice. Everything is tidy, clean and neat. The problem is that the upkeep is not met. This Hotel is getting worn down. It needs some TLC.

You're not going to get bad stay here. The price is the main turn off. It's very expensive for an average run of the mill hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Affordable, clean and free breakfast. Just what we needed for quick overnight stay on route.

The suite fit all of us comfortably - 3 adults and 2 kids. The bonus was being able to have a fast FREE breakfast before heading out for the day.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I know about hotel: I am a former **** hotel manager. If this review would have been written in 1992, I'd would have said all is well. Unfortunately, we are in 2009 and this hotel does not fit its **** rating. You first realize you are at the wrong place when you get into the lobby area. The frontdesk is a mess and to make it worst a door was open to an adjacent office (most presumably the front desk manager's) that needs a good clean up. A cheap damaged desk sits in a corner to honor guest who would need to use the Inernet - pittyful. Once in the elevator, a picture frame holds the Grafiti's restaurant menu that is glued crooked on an old window blind. At that point, I had no great expectations about my 'suite'. Righlty so, the room add an outdated decor and was missing amenities. The bed needed a new mattress and the tv remote would not work. As far as service is concern, the front desk ladies where nice but not overly forthcoming. The lady at breakfast was quick to ask for the coupon but no so much to wish you a good moring. Overall satisfaction is none. They sold me a pillow for the night but not a long term commitment to the propriety nor the brand. So much for my 150$ per room/night.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2008

Unlike some of the earlier reviews, I had a comfortable bed. In fact I find the beds in many North American hotels way too soft and I end up with a stiff back after a couple of nights. Not so here.

The room itself was comfortable and spacious - with a separate lounge area with dining table and sofas.

Breakfast is up to the usual standards in a hotel in this price range, although I do wish that you didn't need to use paper plates, bowls and plastic cutlery.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)