“Overpriced for what you get”

Quality Suites Laval
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I have stayed here twice. Everything is tidy, clean and neat. The problem is that the upkeep is not met. This Hotel is getting worn down. It needs some TLC.

You're not going to get bad stay here. The price is the main turn off. It's very expensive for an average run of the mill hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 28, 2009

Affordable, clean and free breakfast. Just what we needed for quick overnight stay on route.

The suite fit all of us comfortably - 3 adults and 2 kids. The bonus was being able to have a fast FREE breakfast before heading out for the day.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I know about hotel: I am a former **** hotel manager. If this review would have been written in 1992, I'd would have said all is well. Unfortunately, we are in 2009 and this hotel does not fit its **** rating. You first realize you are at the wrong place when you get into the lobby area. The frontdesk is a mess and to make it worst a door was open to an adjacent office (most presumably the front desk manager's) that needs a good clean up. A cheap damaged desk sits in a corner to honor guest who would need to use the Inernet - pittyful. Once in the elevator, a picture frame holds the Grafiti's restaurant menu that is glued crooked on an old window blind. At that point, I had no great expectations about my 'suite'. Righlty so, the room add an outdated decor and was missing amenities. The bed needed a new mattress and the tv remote would not work. As far as service is concern, the front desk ladies where nice but not overly forthcoming. The lady at breakfast was quick to ask for the coupon but no so much to wish you a good moring. Overall satisfaction is none. They sold me a pillow for the night but not a long term commitment to the propriety nor the brand. So much for my 150$ per room/night.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2008

Unlike some of the earlier reviews, I had a comfortable bed. In fact I find the beds in many North American hotels way too soft and I end up with a stiff back after a couple of nights. Not so here.

The room itself was comfortable and spacious - with a separate lounge area with dining table and sofas.

Breakfast is up to the usual standards in a hotel in this price range, although I do wish that you didn't need to use paper plates, bowls and plastic cutlery.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2007

OK, I stayed at this hotel twice. First stay was excellent and second stay was just so-so(I got a terrible bed) but overall experience was above average.

Positives-
1- Very clean rooms and very spacious.
2- One of the best staff members I have ever come across. I kept hearing people in Montreal are rude but I totally disagree. I had excellent advice from front desk on a route to take into Quebec City. The guy literally printed out a map and pinpointed areas to be sure to stop off at.
3-Very good location, I could get into downtown in less then 15mins.
4- Huge king sized bed and very comfortable although 2nd stay I got stuck with a very stiff mattress.

Negatives-
1-General area very run down
2-Air Conditioner unit can get a little too loud at times.

Hope this helps.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShareefBadmash
Reviewed August 20, 2007

What a wonderful first experience at Priceline. I never expected to get such at great deal. I practically paid half the price asked by calling directly at the hotel. Including taxes, I saved over $60.00 US. I usually check for great offers at Hotwire.

After knowing which hotel I would be staying at, I called directly to make sure that I would get a non-smoking room. I also wanted to know if I would get a good room even though I paid less. What a surprise!! A king size bed, 2 TVs, a refrigerator, and..(just check the pictures).

At the reception, I had the pleasure of meeting Michel. He was extremely helpful and did his very best to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I would certainly return but I wouldn't pay the regular amount asked by Choice Hotels. From now on I will stick to Hotwire or Priceline.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2005

I stayed at the Qualty Suites from accumulated points with the Choice Hotels. Upon entering the room my husband & I immediately opened the windows, as the newly installed carpet had a terrible glue smell.The room looked clean & pleasant. The King size bed was brick hard. I tried to sleep on the sofa bed (which was covered in plastic). There was a constant compressor noise. The glue smell & noise kept me awake most of the night.

• Stayed: May 2005