“Go to Suite”

Quality Suites Laval
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Laval partly due to our experience at Quality Suites. Our room was very clean, our ability to use the two rooms allowing one of us to sleep undisturbed was appreciated. The room was clean and very well appointed with sturdy furniture, two flat screen televisions. The internet connection was strong, fast. Our greeting at the front desk was very accommodating. I simply cannot give a five star rating to a standard rate hotel and the breakfast was very plain almost totally carbohydrate based breads, cereals. Generally, I'd recommend the hotel and I plan to visit again some day as it's a very safe bet and is nicely located. It's pretty comfortable for a tourist or businessperson. Lastly, I don't understand any of the negative reviews as everyone I saw was apparently enjoying their stay. In any event I'll happily stay sometime soon perhaps and see more of Laval.

Room Tip: The building is long and the rooms at the rear end of the build are quieter, can be accessed quickly...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlestee
Patricia A, Directeur général at Quality Suites Laval, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

I would like to thank you for choosing The Quality Suites for your recent trip to Laval and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to other visitors to Laval. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will certainly be sharing it with our management team for consideration as we move forward.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I got this 2-bedroom on special on the Hotwire site. I paid 83$ on a "secret" hotel rate. Well, I am not the kind of traveler who is fussy about rooms. I work on the road and rent through Hotwire a lot and have found myself in "ugly" corner rooms more often than not. But, this one is quite an unfortunate surprise for me, if only based on the fact that a chain hotel would even offer this type of poor lodging quality.

It is very small, very yuck. The carpet is broken and loose. There is no A/C. Please be aware and careful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback and we have certainly taken this one seriously to aid in our continuous improvement. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its’ team for your stay and by reading each of these reviews we are able to recognize areas that are in need of improvement and take the appropriate actions to correct them. The Quality Suites has 107 spacious suites and 6 regular rooms. For your next stay, make sure to request one of our suites.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Check in was great people at the reception are very nice had vouchers for continenatal breackfast if not taken at hotel could get a rebate of 3.00 at the restaurant next door. Went there for breackfast was not given a menu told to go to the buffet. They had a group of 50 before us food was lukewarm for 25$ including the rebate pretty expensive. the Hotel was ok but had problems with the AC in the room would not always turn on. For the price booked early had a great price of 350 for 4 nights.

Room Tip: They do have rooms with amentities fridge micor wave if you stay for a couple of nites worth it. Get...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for taking the time to post your TripAdvisor review following your stay with us on the long week of May. Your kind comments about the services, amenities and staff at the Quality Suites Laval was very appreciated but I would like to apologize for our breakfast options not being what was expected.

Sincerely

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My son reserved a room here for his wedding night. The air conditioning gas been broken for several days, but did they say anything? Oh no, that would have been too honest and would have cost then business. Money before reputation. Good job!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank mark_morin
Patricia A, Directeur général at Quality Suites Laval, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Thank you for sharing the challenges that you unfortunately had to experience with the air conditioning during your stay, and for which I would like to apologize.

Sincerely

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed there for one night on a family trip. The property is old and it is showing, worn out and dirty.

We had a small suite, with a king size bed, a double bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed was sooo bad, just good to be put to trash. The mattress was 1inch thick and you could feel the springs on your back. The sofa frame was bended, not even good to sit on. The wall were dirty, I could see shadows of past picture frames. The stuco ceilling had a strange color and was barely holding still (see attached picture). The carpet was so dirty that we sneezed all night from the dust.

The king size and double beds were good. The room well equiped, with two TVs, a small fridge, a microwave and a coffee machine. The bathroom was clean. Parking is free.

They served a Comfort Inn style breakfast in a tiny room : muffins, waffles, bread and some damaged fruits. The minimum.

There are so many other hotels in the area, next time I am around I will shop and surely go somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SamuelChamplain
Patricia A, General Manager at Quality Suites Laval, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

These comments are very important because they help us pursue continuous improvement
Through each comment we receive both positive and negative, we are able to seek knowledge and growth to better serve our business and leisure travellers
We apologize for the inconveniences caused by the uncomfortable sofa bed and the old vinyl in your suite. Renovation is scheduled every year and we will make sure to fix those problems.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed there in November 2012 for 2 nights during a business trip. The day i left, ii bent to tie my shoes and found old socks and a tampax (unopened) under my bed. That's absolutely disgusting. I will never go back to this hotel.
I told the manager at the reception and the only thing he said was "sorry about that".

Avoid this hotel at all cost. Spend the extra 10-20 dollars to get a better and cleaner place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

From your comments, the level of cleaning was clearly not acceptable and we are most embarrassed by our performance.
I would like to offer my apologies for your accommodation experience. I am disappointed that you were provided with a suite that was clearly not maintained to our standards.

Our sincere apologies for checking you into this room and we will make sure that this situation doesn't happen again

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here for one night as we were attending a wedding in the area.. We had a nice suite with a king bed in the bedroom and a double bed with sofa bed in the living room.. Front desk staff are very nice..I had asked for a wake up call which I never got and almost missed breakfast...It was included and very nice..Very clean..

Room Tip: Try not to face the autoroute We faced the parking lot and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nancy J
Patricia A, General Manager at Quality Suites Laval, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the services, amenities and staff at the Quality Suites Laval. We are extremely happy to read that our property was clean and friendly.