“Nice location”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Chicago, United States
“Nice location”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A convenient location away from the downtown Montreal area. Convenient Metro transportation into the city. Wonderful breakfast buffet! The staff was impressively knowledgeable and always very helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Laval, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My experience is great with this hotel. The accommodations and amenities are pretty standard throughout the Hilton chain, so there is no surprise. The air in the room is very fresh and the customer services are super good as well. When my daughter locked the safebox by mistake, the hotel staff came to help us in three minutes, and apologized for coming late. When I booked the hotel, I mentioned my preferences and they are all accommodated. I am very happy with the stay and will definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Staff well trained; every staff member was professional and friendly. The hotel is an excellent value, no charge for parking, no charge for high speed internet. The location is great, at the junction of 2 major Montreal routes. Congratulations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Lexington, MA
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice little hotel outside of Montreal.

Comfortable room, pretty quiet with comfortable bed.

Food selection at the club lounge was pretty good despite the lounge is virutally just a guest room so it is cramped.

Convenient to highways and numerous shopping establishments around the hotel.

Davis, California, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very nice hotel in good location! Great restaurant and bar area. Fitness center is really good but closes too early for us west coast people. Rooms are very nice and have every thing you need. Nice and quiet.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Michael F, Manager at Hilton Montreal/Laval, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced with the fire alarms during your recent stay at our property. We have alerted our facilities team to the issue and assure you we are working to correct the problem. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit the area so we may show you the improved quality stay you expect and deserve.

Yanick Pazzi
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We would highly recommend this hotel based on the service and quality of the rooms and the hotel overall. We received excellent advice and confirmation from the hotel staff on three telephone conversations prior to our arrival and everything had been dealt with to our satisfaction.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton on the 18 and 19 of July. On the first morning I got out of the shower to find the fire alarm going off. I called front desk and was told that it was the steam from the shower and all I had to do was "wave a towel in front of the alarm and it will stop" As I was leaving for the morning I could hear another alarm in another room down the hall. Makes me wonder how prepared the staff would be to respond to an actual fire.
As I returned to the hotel that evening there was a thunderstorm which caused a power failure. I took the stairs to my room but found that the emergency generator wasn't providing power to much other than the stairwell. I woke up to a cold shower and checked out of my two twin room (The only room they had and not my choice) feeling pretty short changed and relieved that I won't have to stay there gain. Staff were polite but seemed to be short on resources to help the customers. Rooms were clean but otherwise not worth the inflated price.

Room Tip: for what they charge they have to fix some big problems