“A potentially dangerous disappointment”

Hilton Montreal/Laval
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton on the 18 and 19 of July. On the first morning I got out of the shower to find the fire alarm going off. I called front desk and was told that it was the steam from the shower and all I had to do was "wave a towel in front of the alarm and it will stop" As I was leaving for the morning I could hear another alarm in another room down the hall. Makes me wonder how prepared the staff would be to respond to an actual fire.
As I returned to the hotel that evening there was a thunderstorm which caused a power failure. I took the stairs to my room but found that the emergency generator wasn't providing power to much other than the stairwell. I woke up to a cold shower and checked out of my two twin room (The only room they had and not my choice) feeling pretty short changed and relieved that I won't have to stay there gain. Staff were polite but seemed to be short on resources to help the customers. Rooms were clean but otherwise not worth the inflated price.

Room Tip: for what they charge they have to fix some big problems
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 52David_C52
There are newer reviews for Hilton Montreal/Laval

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a great option to save some money when visiting Montreal. Our room was very comfortable and appeared to be recently updated. The bathroom was actually a comfortable size, unlike most hotels these days. However, unlike many American Hilton hotels, there was no coffee in the lobby in the morning, for free or for sale. VERY PAINFUL for a couple of caffeine addicts! Luckily, there are several coffee shops in the area, including a Starbucks on Corbusier. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is just a couple of miles from the Montmorency metro station. There is no shuttle to the Metro, but parking at the Metro station is only $7 per day. A cab from the hotel is about $10 each way, so parking at the Metro is the cheaper option. The Metro was an easy way to get to all of the tourist areas. It was about 35 minutes from Montmorency to Champ-de-Mars station, which is the closest station to the Old Port area.
Overall, I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Montreal on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We would definitely recommend this hotel. We had a great week-end. The stuff was amazing, they made us feel like we were the only guests there. They were always ready to help. The food was great both at the restaurant as in room service. The room was clean and modern.They are right across from two malls and a movie complex.There is also tons of shopping and dinning in the area. We will definitely go back. The only negative if you want to call it that is that they didn't have Pay per view..only local T.V.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night in July. We got the room for a really reasonable price and it was clean and had no issues. The hotel staff were very helpful and were able to tell us where to eat and shop in Montreal with no issues. We were only able to get two double beds which was the only downside but other than that it was a great stay in Montreal! We wish that the breakfast had been included though.

I gave this a bad location because it was really hard to get in to when we first arrived as we could not find an entrance to it so we did end up driving in circles to get in! It was painful trying to get into it. The only saving grace is it is next to a huge mall which was great!

Room Tip: Level 7 seemed just fine!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Been there so many times.
Never disappointed.
Everyone so helpful
Rooms super nice
Front desk OUTSTANDING
Need help with directions
Front desk solves it.
Useless to say rooms immaculate
Breakfast & service perfect
Thank you for making our stay so special as always
If back to Montreal
Back to Hilton NO DOUBT
Thanks again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hilton Hotels are always so accommadating and the beds soooo confortable! The staff is very friendly and helpful too. The best advantage is that it's a few minutes from the Montreal city center without being in the middle of it! Very quiet rooms and well equiped!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Hilton Group of Hotels offers exceptional service at all of their locations. When I travel for leisure or business I always try to stay in your locations because of the great value and excellent service. Thank you for your dedication to excellence!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business