“Comfortable hotel, but bad experience with car break-in”

Hilton Montreal/Laval
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We are just back from a weekend at the Hilton Laval hotel. It is a very comfortable hotel and, for the shopaholics, conveniently located very close to the Carrefour Laval, which is an amazing mall. We were in a big party for my son's hockey tournament, and one of our friends was unlucky enough to have his car's rear window smashed at the hotel parking lot overnight. The thiefs were stupid enough to steal a boy's game jersey and a bag of pucks (!). In fact there were were 2 other cars that also got windows smashed and items stolen on the same night. What surprised me the most was the reaction of the hotel. They just denied any responsibility over the parking lot, saying that, because it's free, the hotel guests are to park at their own risk. They didn't offer any help or apology. We're not staying there next time. When staying at the hotel, please save yourselves a headache and don't leave any valuables (or even (in)valuables) in your car.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Montreal/Laval

Reviewed May 24, 2013

All in all a good experience this hotel. The room was clean, very nice size and very competitively priced in my opinion. The ensuite bathroom was massive. The bed was comfortable and the room came equipped with all of the standard hotel amenities. The complimentary National Post newspaper was a nice touch.

The location was convenient due to the nature of my visit. It’s approximately a 30 minute drive from the airport, which is about $48 each way.

The hotel lounge was a nice place to relax, had great service and the food was delish. The menu is small, which I also found overpriced given the food portion sizes. The breakfast buffet had a nice selection, excellent quality and some healthy eating options.

I would recommend this hotel for business travel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The staff was very welcoming and the room was extremely clean. The hotel was almost full and people were very friendly. Great location to stay and an affordable price. I will recommend this hotel to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location to highways, friendly staff, great choices on the breakfast buffet, healthy and traditional. Stayed on the 9th floor, elevator service was quick and you had the choice of a complementary newspaper too.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Michael F, Owner at Hilton Montreal/Laval, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again to enjoy the level of service we do provide.
Best regards,

Yanick Pazzi

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Nice lobby and lobby bar. Comfortable beds. Decent restaurant. On the other hand, my toilet kept kicking in every ten minutes and it took two visits by the maintenance people to address it. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was ridiculously loud. Above all, I could hear every footstep of the person above me and the coughing of the person in the room next to me. Very poor construction! Location is pretty good for Laval.

Room Tip: Maybe get one on the top floor so you don't have to hear the footsteps of the person above you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Michael F, Manager at Hilton Montreal/Laval, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we apologize for the noise issues you encountered. We have shared your concerns with our facilities team who are looking into additional soundproofing measures we may be able to take to prevent similar issues in the future. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Yanick Pazzi

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is run down and dated. Apparently it is located near a mall and there are many families that stay here. The tub in the room broke and I had to press the front desk to transfer me to another room. When I spoke with the manager (initials MM) he was extremely rude and unprofessional and told me that I inconvenienced him.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I travel on business and stay at this hotel frequently, and I am impressed every time. The reception, restaurant and bar staff are always friendly and attentive to every detail. The rooms are always clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. II throroughly enjoy my stays at this hotel and am never disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business