“Great price/quality ratio” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Great price/quality ratio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have stayed there recently during the christmas period for a few nights. The hotel is very well located, close to highway 440 and highway 15 in Laval. The hotel is easy to find and to access and parking was not a problem. Check-in and check-out was easy and the staff was very friendly. The hotel room was of good quality, clean and comfortable and the price very reasonable. The hotel also have a restaurant, a bar, small gym and a pool. A good choice for both business and personal needs. I would go back there next time I travel around the area

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dubmar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Quebec City, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel was a very disappointing and not up to Hilton standards. We paid to upgrade to the Club floor, which was a huge mistake. Club lounge is dark and tiny. The refrigerator was half filled at best. The lounge was also not kept clean. Used coffee mugs from breakfast were present on the counter when we returned in late afternoon.

The guest room was dark and not well cleaned. We found a mug full of water next to the the coffee maker. A bulb was out in the bathroom. The shower was leaking.

At night -- we returned to the hotel to find no parking spaces available. We circled the lot for at least 15 minutes before calling the front desk to ask where we could park. Apparently they had five holiday parties that night in their banquet areas. They told us to park in the lot of an adjacent government building -- which had us schlepping our parcels across a snowy field on a very cold night. There were no apologies.

The only bright spot was the morning breakfast. The restaurant lounge was very nice and the restaurant staff was extremely friendly.

Still... not enough to bring us back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Michael F, Manager at Hilton Montreal/Laval, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Please accept our sincere apologies for your poor experience with us. We strive to provide each guest with a positive and memorable stay and we are sorry to have made this impression. Having shared your comments on the look and feel of our guestrooms and the appointments of our club lounge, we will work harder to ensure we are delivering the quality service and accommodations you expect from our brand. We look forward to having another opportunity to show you the world class hospitality you deserve, should you return to our area in the future. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Yanick Pazzi
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed two nights in December. The front desk staff are very nice and professional. Being a Hilton Honors Diamond gave me an upgrade to a very large corner room...very nice. The Elite Club for members was great in the evening. Good food and cold beer. Not the most convenient for getting on the highway back to the airport but a comfortable hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 3CTraveler
South Windsor, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is my second time staying at the Hilton in Laval, Quebec.

Pros:
- Location is right off route 15 (traffic noise did not bother me)
- Staff is very friendly (not the money grubbing kind)
- The poultry on the menu was delicious
- The bedding (mattress/sheets/blanket/pillows) are top notch and always clocks me out within minutes
- Free parking
- Spare toothbrushes

Cons:
- For my 2nd stay the Executive floor was full so I ended up in a room with thin walls on the 7th floor (A roulette game on neighbors as you never know how rowdy they are. Mine came back as a group of 3-4 couples at 1:30am on Thursday to carry on their drunken discussions through 4:30am. I called the front desk and the hotel security immediately paid them a visit). I was able to change rooms and was reimbursed 2 breakfast vouchers ($18 each).
- The lobster bisque (menu listed $9, receipt charged $19 which is being corrected) lacked substance. Although deliciously creamy, I expected actual lobster chunks to remind me it's not just soup from powder.
- The fillet mignon was cooked to my redness (medium rare), but was kind of chewy. I suspect issue with the cut of the meat. I also thought the accompanying potatoes could have been cooked a bit more. They were not crunchy, but were hard and didn't go well with the magnificent sweet potatoes. I wanted a softer texture that would mop up the rest of the gravy from the steak.

Room Tip: Although unpredictable, be wary of loud neighbors. The Executive floor breakfast is not the full buf...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael F, Manager at Hilton Montreal/Laval, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback of your recent stay with us. We are glad to have met your needs and provided you a clean and comfortable space while visiting the area. We appreciate your input on your dining experiences with us and we will be sure to share your comments with our culinary team so they may make necessary adjustments to our offerings. Please accept our apologies for the noise issue you encountered and know that our security team works hard to correct and prevent situations such as these to ensure every guest has an enjoyable stay. We hope you will consider staying with us again and experiencing the quality service and amenities you expect from us should you return to the area in the future.

Yanick Pazzi
Genral Manager
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I spent a one night stay on Sunday before Monday holiday labour day.

I travelled to the hotel via subway-bus, which while not ideal, is not that bad either, take metro to Montmorency (last stop on orange line), then connect to bus 50 ($3) to Carrefour Mall that drops you off right in front of hotel. On the way back I took taxi back to Vieux Montréal for $45.

As HH Gold, got very warm welcome from claudie, received upgrade to executive floor, which includes access to the tiny lounge, has cold beverages and cookies. It is tiny, tiny, dark, and not kept clean. Room was large, well maintained and decorated in a classic style. Out of all the Hiltons I have stayed at, this is the only one that in toiletries included a large size toothbrush, shaving cream that I did enjoy!

My main concern is that I did find it unacceptable that there were excessive amounts of plates left over in the hallways and in the lounge. These plates stayed here throughout the entire stay. When I checkout there were still there, besides for appearance reasons, you are just inviting mice and roaches. (I will give hotel the benefit of doubt and “assume” it was understaffed due to Sunday/holiday and low occupancy, but still unacceptable)

I did use indoor pool which was nice, on smaller side, but worked out fine, hot tub was nice and hot as it should be.

HH gold members also get tickets to a free afternoon snack and beverage at the restaurant. This restaurant has been renovated and decorated in a contemporary style. I got the chicken quesadillas which were delicious. Service was friendly, a bit slow.

Breakfast was also complimentary, and was very good, delicious granola. Plenty of choices, but the real highlight was excellent service from Francois.

Free parking, next to highway and mall, so good option if doing business in Laval. Not close to Old Montreal at all. Free internet and late checkout provided. Some lobby areas have been renovated; I did enjoy plenty of natural light due to the extensive lobby skylights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ORD-TGU
momand2
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Room was clean beds were clean (I really check), the lounge was very well decorated and the bartender was great, Pool was warm and clean, front desk service was friendly and very helpful with directions. This is how you would expect to be treated when staying at a Hilton.
We were originally going to stay at a nearby hotel but did not like the look of the clientele and even though I vowed I would never ever stay at a Hilton again after my experience at another Hilton this was the only hotel in the area that looked decent.

The only reason, I wouldn't stay here again is due to the hit and miss experiences I have had with the Hilton in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We spend five days in this hotel with my family.We had a room with two queen beds.The room was large and very clean with excellent beds and a large bathroom .Parking was free.Great location close to a highway and a lot of restaurants.If we go in Laval again we will go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family