“Fantastic Customer Service overcame older hotel and poor housekeeping”

Hilton Montreal/Laval
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I spent a one night stay on Sunday before Monday holiday labour day.

I travelled to the hotel via subway-bus, which while not ideal, is not that bad either, take metro to Montmorency (last stop on orange line), then connect to bus 50 ($3) to Carrefour Mall that drops you off right in front of hotel. On the way back I took taxi back to Vieux Montréal for $45.

As HH Gold, got very warm welcome from claudie, received upgrade to executive floor, which includes access to the tiny lounge, has cold beverages and cookies. It is tiny, tiny, dark, and not kept clean. Room was large, well maintained and decorated in a classic style. Out of all the Hiltons I have stayed at, this is the only one that in toiletries included a large size toothbrush, shaving cream that I did enjoy!

My main concern is that I did find it unacceptable that there were excessive amounts of plates left over in the hallways and in the lounge. These plates stayed here throughout the entire stay. When I checkout there were still there, besides for appearance reasons, you are just inviting mice and roaches. (I will give hotel the benefit of doubt and “assume” it was understaffed due to Sunday/holiday and low occupancy, but still unacceptable)

I did use indoor pool which was nice, on smaller side, but worked out fine, hot tub was nice and hot as it should be.

HH gold members also get tickets to a free afternoon snack and beverage at the restaurant. This restaurant has been renovated and decorated in a contemporary style. I got the chicken quesadillas which were delicious. Service was friendly, a bit slow.

Breakfast was also complimentary, and was very good, delicious granola. Plenty of choices, but the real highlight was excellent service from Francois.

Free parking, next to highway and mall, so good option if doing business in Laval. Not close to Old Montreal at all. Free internet and late checkout provided. Some lobby areas have been renovated; I did enjoy plenty of natural light due to the extensive lobby skylights.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ORD-TGU

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Room was clean beds were clean (I really check), the lounge was very well decorated and the bartender was great, Pool was warm and clean, front desk service was friendly and very helpful with directions. This is how you would expect to be treated when staying at a Hilton.
We were originally going to stay at a nearby hotel but did not like the look of the clientele and even though I vowed I would never ever stay at a Hilton again after my experience at another Hilton this was the only hotel in the area that looked decent.

The only reason, I wouldn't stay here again is due to the hit and miss experiences I have had with the Hilton in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We spend five days in this hotel with my family.We had a room with two queen beds.The room was large and very clean with excellent beds and a large bathroom .Parking was free.Great location close to a highway and a lot of restaurants.If we go in Laval again we will go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel is probably undeserving of the "Hilton" name, more seems like a Holiday Inn than a Hilton. The interior is really dated and the building itself is very drab. The hallways made me feel like I was back in my college dormitory. What was nice about it was my actual room, which was an upgrade because I'm a Hilton Gold member, so I got a huge suite which was really nice. The toilet was a little bit wonky but I was only staying for one night so not a huge concern. The location was also nice, a quick 5 minute drive to the Montmorency subway station into Montreal proper which was nice. But all in all the price was a bit high for what the place was. Wi-Fi was decent speed, but breakfast was very mediocre (though I got both for free due to the aforementioned Gold status).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Decent rooms that were clean and spacious. Lobby staff were quite friendly and very helpful. Overall very good service. Gym is small but adequate for a traveller. Breakfast and executive lounge though was a disappointment considering it is a Hilton. Both offerings were meager. However, considering the decent competitive rates, I was inclined to deal with the limitations.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed int his hotel in August 2012 for two nights and loved the place. The rooms are clean and roomy, and beds are great. The swimming pool area is good too...the pool is on the small side but since it was just me and our two kids there it was ok. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, not because the amenities, they are pretty similar everywhere, but because of the front desk staff. All of them were great, but there was this one girl in particular, Julie, who could have worked as a tourist guide. She was awesome in giving suggestions on things to do in Montreal. We asked for her advice the first day and she suggested a great one day itinerary, complete with where we could find parking spaces, what the kids might like and so on. She did the same thing the second day we were in Montreal and it was the best two days during our vacations....so to summarize, the amenities are good, internet, nice rooms, swimming pool, jacuzzi and everything you would expect from a HIlton hotel...but I would choose this place because of the level of service the staff provides. They were all efficient and friendly and made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travel_junkie_w_kids
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel was great and the room was big. We were 2 adults and 2 kids (9-10) and had enough space to move aorund. The bed and beddings were really comfortable. The only downside of this place is that, in the morning, we realized that several cars had been vandalized (windows broken) We were lucky ours was not. The location was perfect for us (we were 15 minutes from the soccer tournement)and there were several places to eat around.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family