“Next time - Next place”
Review of Comfort Inn Laval

Comfort Inn Laval
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I've stayed here 6-7 times in the past 2 months. This review is a summary of these stays, each a single night.
Three reasons I stayed here. 1) It was away from the morning traffic jams for me. 2)Resteraunt on premises. 3) Choice hotels group for points.
Rooms tend to be basic, value not great, most times 2/3rds down the hall, so either haul belongings that far or use the far end of building. Doors mid way only exit no entry, don't know why??
Graffitis restaurant, onsite is the reason I need to move on, even if that means traffic and a slightly higher cost. Breakfasts were always good, friendly service. Dinner is the issue, after a 3 hour drive the last thing I want to do is cruise around finding a place to eat. All signs on door and ads state Sunday open to 9pm, otherdays later. Two weeks ago checked in at 5pm and while staff told me restaurant is open till 11pm, restaurant was closed by 8pm when I went to eat. The restaurant is within the same building yet staff didn't really know the times. Last week, they were open, unfortunately, this because they burned the pizza, the cook says she "forgot it was not for her and she liked it that way." What?? Since I had already paid and was a diabetic running low I ddid accept it anyway and left for my room. I had paid when I placed order with waitress but she forgot this and called me back.
Tonight I arrived at 7:45pm and thought the whole way I really thought the pizza had potential and wanted to try it the way it was supposed to be. Sorry closed at arrival, others were also knocking on the door as staff was still inside.

This is the shared restaurant for both the Comfort Inn and Quality Suites
Like I said Next Time - Next Place. Cost is too high for this shabby service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 15, 2010

Good value,fair rates,with excellent staff and housekeeping. Clean rooms with quiet surroundings. Stay there during the day as I work at night,always given a secluded room for good rest. Restaurant is lively and staff is attentive. Food is excellent,chefs are always available for questions and special requests. Overall very good value and great place to spend the night.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank acsny
Reviewed March 3, 2008

This hotel was overpriced. It was only worth about $40 or $50 and I paid $103. Very stingy with the towels, and no hot water. Shower was only lukewarm. Also, this hotel is located in the HOOD! Outside doors have no security, anyone can come or go as they please. I would not stay here again. Fort Worth has too many other more reasonable options with better quality for the price.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 12, 2008

The rooms was very nice well decorated and very clean the Staff was excellent I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling along Interstate 10 Compared to several hotels in the area this hotel is definitely the best because of how courteous the staff is I felt like I was treated like family from the moment I walked in the door

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 29, 2007

Between 7pm and 8:30pm my Chevy Tahoe and Wells Cargo Trailer and two snowmobiles were stolen from the parking lot while we were having dinner in the motel restauarant.They were parked three feet from the door to our room. Police say "it happens "Staff told us it was a safe area when we checked in. Would never stay in this area extremely high theft and very low recovery rate.Google Montreal auto theft.

Stayed: January 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2006

Although the hotel was very clean and the employees were very friendly we were unable to sleep. We had a group of rooms on the first floor. All rooms were able to hear every step taken above us. The families upstairs were going about their everyday life but we could hear every move they took.

• Stayed: July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 14, 2006

I booked this hotel through Priceline for $40 compared to almost $100 on their website so of course it was already a good deal before the actual stay! For a 2-star, it is very good quality, very clean and reasonably recent! The only little negative was that the air system was a little noisy but it is not a problem if you shut it down. Too bad there is no pool, it would be ideal. Right off the highway. Really close to everything in Laval and somewhat close of Montreal. We only were there for the night and left in the morning. Did not try the restaurant. Complimentary newspaper and coffee, no breakfast though. Check-in and check-out was super-fast. Without Priceline, for value in Laval, maybe try the Econo Lodge but not certain about its quality.

• Stayed: June 2006