“Great value”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Laval
Toronto, Canada
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Great stay for travelling on a budget! This hotel is nice, clean and quiet. If you want to visit Montreal and not spend too much money on the hotel, this one is perfect, and just about 20 min drive from Vieux Montreal. Parking is free, there is also free wifi in the guestrooms. The staff at the front desk is very kind and helpful. Will definitely book again.

• Stayed July 2011
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Laval, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thank you for your complimentary review of the Comfort Inn Laval. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel services, as well as, our unbeatable location. We would be honored to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Coquitlam, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

i BOOKED this hotel online13 hrs before I arrived & asoon as I got there I was glared at by some behind the desk insainly rude employee. I called before I left for my trip The guy I spoke to on the phone seemed nice and said he was going to give me a deal for 129.99 + tax for 2 nights.. When i got there I was not only laughed at when I said the price but he tried telling me that 129.99 was the price of the room per night. Now times are tough I was looking for the most affordable hotel availble and this especially for what you get is clearley not.. Most affordable hotel in mission is mission travel lodge at $80 a night or the mission best western taxes in 114 and its 10 times niceer then the comfort inn hotel.. ALL and all prose of the comfort in (there are none) cons!!! the are con's
dont waist your time or moeny on this place.. This is the realest review about this Hotel your ever gonna read.. Dont give people like this your buisness they dont deserve it.

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Laval, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Regarding your concerns about your rate, the Comfort Inn Laval strives to have the most cost effective room rate available at all times, and automatically adapts your rate to current market demand. The dynamic pricing strategy uses the "Best available rate" so we give all potential customers the same price for a given period of time, to ensure customers are treated fairly. As the hotel was busy due to the long weekend Canada day, the rate may have been higher than you paid in the past. Once again we would like to extend our sincere apologies for this misunderstanding.

Travelers are raving about these Laval hotels

Tega Cay, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

This hotel is very close to the highways, shopping and dining. It is competitively priced with others in the area. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, the onsite restaurant is good, and the beds are very comfortable. My only complaint would be the charge to use the computer with printer in the lobby. Not the Ritz-Carlton, but highly recommend for the casual business trip.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

I've stayed here 6-7 times in the past 2 months. This review is a summary of these stays, each a single night.
Three reasons I stayed here. 1) It was away from the morning traffic jams for me. 2)Resteraunt on premises. 3) Choice hotels group for points.
Rooms tend to be basic, value not great, most times 2/3rds down the hall, so either haul belongings that far or use the far end of building. Doors mid way only exit no entry, don't know why??
Graffitis restaurant, onsite is the reason I need to move on, even if that means traffic and a slightly higher cost. Breakfasts were always good, friendly service. Dinner is the issue, after a 3 hour drive the last thing I want to do is cruise around finding a place to eat. All signs on door and ads state Sunday open to 9pm, otherdays later. Two weeks ago checked in at 5pm and while staff told me restaurant is open till 11pm, restaurant was closed by 8pm when I went to eat. The restaurant is within the same building yet staff didn't really know the times. Last week, they were open, unfortunately, this because they burned the pizza, the cook says she "forgot it was not for her and she liked it that way." What?? Since I had already paid and was a diabetic running low I ddid accept it anyway and left for my room. I had paid when I placed order with waitress but she forgot this and called me back.
Tonight I arrived at 7:45pm and thought the whole way I really thought the pizza had potential and wanted to try it the way it was supposed to be. Sorry closed at arrival, others were also knocking on the door as staff was still inside.

This is the shared restaurant for both the Comfort Inn and Quality Suites
Like I said Next Time - Next Place. Cost is too high for this shabby service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
PA.pal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

Good value,fair rates,with excellent staff and housekeeping. Clean rooms with quiet surroundings. Stay there during the day as I work at night,always given a secluded room for good rest. Restaurant is lively and staff is attentive. Food is excellent,chefs are always available for questions and special requests. Overall very good value and great place to spend the night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank acsny
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2008

This hotel was overpriced. It was only worth about $40 or $50 and I paid $103. Very stingy with the towels, and no hot water. Shower was only lukewarm. Also, this hotel is located in the HOOD! Outside doors have no security, anyone can come or go as they please. I would not stay here again. Fort Worth has too many other more reasonable options with better quality for the price.

Stayed February 2008
Charleston Wva
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2008

The rooms was very nice well decorated and very clean the Staff was excellent I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling along Interstate 10 Compared to several hotels in the area this hotel is definitely the best because of how courteous the staff is I felt like I was treated like family from the moment I walked in the door

• Liked — Friendliness of Staff
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)