“Frequent stay-er, always impressed!”

Holiday Inn Laval Montreal
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This location has become a home-away-from-home, and I request it every time I am in Laval for work. Since the first time I stepped through their doors, the staff welcomed me as if I was an old friend visiting. The rooms are perfectly clean and comfortable, the staff are on par with the highest end hotels I've stayed at and beyond. CONSTANTLY going above and beyond to provide surprisingly considerate and genuinely human service. It is a welcome retreat when you live on the road! Seems great for families, too - I see happy kids and parents on the way down to the pool, and I'm sure the parents really appreciate the in-hotel sports bar to get away for a few precious moments! For me, it's a work-home, and I appreciate having something comfortable, safe, welcoming and absolutely surprisingly high-service oriented to greet me after the long work days.
In summary...
THE MANY EXPERIENCES I'VE HAD HERE SINCE OCTOBER HAVE BEEN SO GOOD I FINALLY HAD TO GO ON TRIPADVISOR FOR THE FIRST TIME TO COMMEND THIS HOTEL.
Stay here if you go to Laval. Convenient location, too - right across from the Carrefour (mall).

Room Tip: 5th floor seems to be no-kids floor. Great for business travellers.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
GMHILAVAL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Sara M.,

It was a pleasure for me to read about your recent stay with us. All of our Guest Services staff are truly valued members of our team and we are delighted to hear that your stay was made that much more enjoyable as a result of their commitment to service. We are delighted that you plan to use us during future visits to Laval.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

They conveniently have a very popular restaurant chain attached to the building called La cage aux sports. If you are not familiar, try that out when a hockey game night, if you can get seating that is :-)) Seriously, the hotel is great, very clean with all the equipments such as pool, training room, etc., and all the business needs you want. Staff is alway very pleasant. A lot of activities close to this hotel. In fact, the largest shopping mall in town is right across the street.
Have great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
GMHILAVAL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Mr. Duclos,

It truly was a pleasure for us to read your review and we feel as if you summed up our property perfectly. We are proud to see that our services and the location of the hotel fulfilled your needs. We truly appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Nice hotel, very friendly staff. I thought I had forgotten something so I called the hotel and the housekeeping manager contacted me back immediately.
The rooms are stuffy from lack of fresh air though...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GMHILAVAL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Heajher,

It was with great pleasure that I learn that your stay was overall enjoyable and that we followed up quickly with your request of Lost and Found. Thank you for bringing to our attention the inconvenient with the air in the room and it will be taking care of by our Housekeeping department. Just a reminder to you that our windows are able to open up to four inches.

We would be delighted to have you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

After checking in, we requested a fridge to house my wife's insulin. We were told by the front desk that they didn't have any more and we had to bring our insulin down to the front desk for storage. On the way down, we talked to a maintenance person, who said they had several available. In the center of the lobby, the same female at the front desk told the remaining staff in public (in French-because she thought we couldn't understand) that she didn't want to give us a fridge because we wanted it for beer and refused to pay for it!!! She then asked to see the insulin!! This was a public humiliation which also announced to the world my wife's private condition. My wife was very embarrassed and heartbroken that this event unfolded in public.Btw we are Priority Club Gold members! Coffee maker didn't work-only cold water !

Room Tip: Internet does not work the higher you go
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank walter p
GMHILAVAL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Mr. Walter P.,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had not receive the level of service you had expected from our hotel. We always provide complimentary fridge for medical reason without asking any question. We will investigate on this issue and make sure it will not happen again.

I sincerely appologise that you and your wife felt humilited by how you were treated and hope you will give us a second opportunity to correct the situation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Everything was a Holiday Inn standard. Good access to all major routes, particularly 15 and 440. Good hot and quickly served breakfast albeit a bit expensive. Parking on Saturday night a challenge given the Cages aux Sports restro connected to the hotel is a popular place. Rooms quiet and clean. Good service. Major shopping within 100 meters. A good option for weekend visits to Montreal but traffic to the island on workdays is tough.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Ms. Sylvie W.,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciate the location of the Hotel. It is a big advantage for us to be connected to a popular restaurant such as La Cage aux sports and we always try to keep parking spots available for our guests when there are major sports event.

I hope we will have the pleasure to have you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Will book again, much better rates and the free kids breakfast was amazing, we got alot more than expected and it tasted great. The rooms were clean, beds comfy, a little ordinary but nice. Stayed in 4 different hotels in Laval and this one seems to be the best bang for the buck.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
GMHILAVAL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Campinstyle,
I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and that you were happy with the cleanliness of the room and the advantages of the Kids Eat Free Program. I will share your positive comments with the staff and look forward to have you staying with us again. Do not hesitate to contact us directly or to visit our website for new special rates including breakfast for your next visit to Laval!

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were visiting relatives who were in the area for the weekend, and this was the only available hotel. We were very pleased. The hotel is directly across from a beatiful mall. It was a two minute drive to an enormous entertainment complex including the cosmodome (space camp), movie theatre, skydiving simulator, shopping, restaurants, mini-golf, and surfing simulator. It was a five minute drive to the subway(metro) station, and the parking was free on the weekends. It took less than 30minutes to reach old Montreal. The hotel itself was very clean and well furnished. Our beds were very comfortable. It would have been nice to have a fridge or microwave in the room. We didn't eat in the restaurants since there was such an extensive array of cuisine nearby, the hotel has a restaurant for breakfast, and a sports bar for lunch and dinner, and we didn't feel like pub food. Children 12 and under could eat for free with a paying adult. The swimming pool was small but our kids had a great time, and spent a number of hours there. The chairs by the pool were padded for comfort, but people with wet suits would sit on them and they would be soaked. After eight hours of driving, I was disappointed that there was no hottub. The elevators were a bit slow, but the hotel was full, and there's always the stairs. The staff was friendly and spoke English fluently.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
GMHILAVAL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

We enjoyed having you stay with us, and are happy to hear that you found our location to be so convenient to everything in Laval and Montreal. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel services and room amenities and we strive to provide the maximum comfort for all guests. We do offer microwave and fridges and you only need to request them for your next stay. Thank you for recommending the Holiday Inn Laval on TripAdvisor.

Yours in Hospitality