“VERY NICE STAY”

Holiday Inn Laval Montreal
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed May 13, 2013

i have stayed there for 2 nights ,front desk stuff were amazing smiling and greeting all the time ,rooms were clean ,housekeeping they were really nice they will give you right away whaterver you need , i will stay there again !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tripdiscover12
GMHILAVAL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

We are delighted to see that our staff and services lived up to your expectations.
Our housekeeping staff takes a great deal of pride in providing our customers with a clean and comfortable guest experience. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Patricia Alaouz
General manager
Holiday Inn Laval

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Holiday Inn Laval is your standard Holiday Inn. I think everyone knows what to expect from a Holiday Inn and this one fits the bill. We were there for a wedding which was being held nearby so it was convienent. It's right off the highway and easy enough to get to, other hotels and close by. The room is fine, bathroom was fine. Had no issue with the bed or noise. The best part in my opinon is that there is a Cage auSports attached. Went there for a beer and some food prior to the reception. It was good and convienent - espcially during hockey season!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate the time and effort you took in sharing your experiences because our focus is on the guest and providing the best experience possible. We are also pleased that you enjoyed the restaurant on premises and are happy to hear that you found our location to be so convenient to everything in Laval.

Patricia Alaouz
General manager
Holiday Inn Laval

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Rooms are ok - just. Included breakfast is certainly a waste and the a la carte breakfast is significantly overpriced. All in all, it was alright for a night or two, nothing more. There are plenty of restaurants and a mall within walking distance (as long as it isn't 20 below!).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GMHILAVAL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Although we never enjoy hearing that one of our guests had a less than perfect stay, we feel that comments such as yours gives us the opportunity to better our service. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our breakfast menu. I have passed all your feedback on to our Food & Beverage team and am pleased to advise you that the breakfast menus are revised every year and we will make sure to meet everyone's budget.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I left a message with the event planner at the Holiday Inn Laval to book my room as part of the event and a week later I have still not received a call back! The reservation staff said that was the only way I could make my reservation and was transferred to the unresponsive event planner.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NSTravel101
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear NSTravel101,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you on a future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Modernised yes, good value no. This has to be one of the worst Holiday Inns I have stayed in. The beds were so hard and heater too noisy. A choice between noise and cold - had 2 queen beds and on my own so used both covers! There are much better value hotels in the area so shop around. Breakfast was ok but if not in your package is a bit expensive @ $20 each

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
GMHILAVAL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

I was very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your recent stay. We take great pride in our normally high standards of quality and service at the Holiday Inn Laval. Our HVAC all new and our staff respond quickly when called upon to ajust a noisy unit. Extra blanquet are also availlable upon request.
Francois Boissy

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice clean typical Inn. The place is clean and has been modernized. BUT whatever you do, ASK FOR THE ADDITIONAL AIR MATTRESS. I didn't know anything about the optional air bed when I checked in,but I sure wish I had been informed by the desk staff on arrival. The beds are hideously hard. When you sit oin the bed there is no movement. It's like sitting or laying on a board. In the morning my back was in agony. When I checked out and mentioned this to the desk staff, they said "you should have asked for an air mattress". What air mattress? Who said anything about an air mattress when I checked in? Nobody! Who would think to ask for an air mattress when you find out the bed is a sister of "the rack"?

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with a view. Ours overlooked the dumpsters.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GMHILAVAL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear bluebell55
I have taken particular interest in the comments which you have posted regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Laval and I am very sorry that your stay was not satisfactory.

The Holiday Inn "Sleep Number Bed" mattresses are gradually making their way into our guest rooms. The remaining hard mattresses you have experience will be completely removed in 2013.

Thank you for taking the time to share your voice this allows us to improve our overall services at the property. Looking forward to your next visit.

Francois Boissy
General Manager, Holiday Inn Laval Montreal

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I expected more from this hotel. Upon checking in we were advised due to overbooking we would be put in a upgraded room.

On the 5th we walked into our room and it is very tiny. A small tv pushed way back on the dresser and bolted there do you move it closer to the front to watch tv in bed. No upgraded features that we can tell expect may be a fridge isn't in ever room.

The bathroom is ok but the fan is extremely loud and small. The toilet seat for some reason had scuff marks on it. ???? The hotel walls are thin my head shook everyone someone in a nearby room shut their door. Also I could also tell you the type of muffler each car that past was using as the highway is close and it is very very very loud.

Lastly the beds. The bed was tiled and hard as hell. They use two box springs instead of one so the high point of the bed is in the middle and you feel like your leaning.

Just really disappointed with this hotel. The Sheraton is right across the street and having stayed they I would recomend staying there way before staying here. At least it has a hot tub which this hotel does not

• Stayed: October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laval Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Dysmas98,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is our regret that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort you experienced in your room accommodation as well as for the noise disturbance. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Lera M