“Taken Advantage Of”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Laval
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Recently we stayed here May 2nd. We received a call that my husbands mother was gravely ill in Sudbury and family was to come ASAP. We checked out Saturday and explained our situation. The front desk seemed very accommodating and told us not worry about the second night booking. Upon returning home a couple of weeks later, (after her funeral), we were shocked to see the second night charged to out account. I called Sylvia, Manager, to discuss and she basically said it was not her problem and HUNG UP on me. I put a complaint in with head office who said I would hear something in 72 hours...that was 6 days ago. Rude, unprofessional, inappropriate and insensitive mannierism. I do not wish our situation on anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Marie, the old lady in the front desk is very very rude and dont know what shes talking about, I told her as a choiced priveleged member it says in the book latest check-out is 2pm she said no not now its busy , which is not so i said okay how about 12pm she said no again it should be 11am i said but in the book upstairs in the room says 12pm and guess what she said the book was a mistake tsk. Secondly my husband ask for 3 towels, she dont want to give him because the towels are limited, Third me and my kids are in our bathing suit already and ask to pls open the pool that was 9am, she said the lifeguard arrives 12-8pm, so we cant swim?. She said no to all our request and she answered in a verry rude manner. My huband gets mad at her and reported the incident to 1800 and guess what she said its a law in quebec to have life guards????? doesnt make sense...She should be fired shess a loss to the company.WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AT ALL!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We're traveling with our two children who wanted to swim in the pool and decided to stay there because of hassle-free check-in and because of the swimming pool that apparently opens at 8:00 in the morning. The room doesn't have a coffee maker nor a microwave and it smells like spoiled food but clean upon visual inspection. The next morning, my children lost patience waiting for the opening of the pool and when I inquired, I was told that it opens at 1:00 pm. When I told her that the pm shift front desk personnel informed me thhat the pool opens at 8am and that it was the main reason why we chose their hotel but the mean old lady at the front desk replied that it is against the law to open the pool without an on duty lifeguard. Breakfast was apparently continental but they don't even serve any fruits! I'm not recommending this place at all!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room facing the pool, though clean, smelled like spoiled food.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ryan O
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Stayed at this hotel with my family during the long weekend. Upon check in the rate that was given to me on the internet was different from what I was being charged with at the front desk.......Yvon was most helpful and rectified the charges to reflect the original charge on my statement........no questions asked......He was so nice and hospitable to my kids (age 6 and 4)...offering muffins as a night time snack.....yum....at once I felt as though they really care. The room was nice, clean and big. We had travelled with some cousins and ended up in a three double bed room (who would have thought that this was even possible in a hotel). We slept like babies in the room, no issues at all with the mattress or bedding. Bathroom was clean and nice. A nice continental breakfast was offered in the morning (no hot foods other than oatmeal) but suited us fine with a nice variety. I would definitely stay here again. Don`t be fooled with this two star hotel rating because it deserved a five star service rating to me.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank sha2alex
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend. We had stayed at similarly priced 'Chomedey Inn' and there's no comparison. This hotel was spotless and really classy compared to the other dirty, moldy, scummy place. If you're looking for a place for business or proud to bring your family or friend, then this is the place to go. Free breakfast in the morning was a definite bonus too!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at Econo Lodge in Laval, Quebec. If you're on a budget but want a decent place to stay, this is it. It's clean, simple and comfortable. It has your needs. Laval is not an ideal place for you if you plan on frequently commuting back-n-forth to downtown Montreal because of the distance. But not so ridiculously bad. Good overall.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2008

Well, I was on my motorcycle and it was raining so I needed a place to stay. Looked in the yellow pages and found this place, we stayed there because it was cheap.
The interior is funny, big mirrors on the walls, it reminded me of the '80s, but whatever. It's just a long way from Montreal, and I didn't realize it when I called them. But it was an alright place. Breakfast, was not that encouraging, all I had was cereal...maybe a muffin.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple