“SIMPLY HEAVENLY”

Gite & Appartements Du Marigot
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laval
Gite & Appartements Du Marigot
Ranked #1 of 5 Laval B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am proudly representing the City of London Ontario. I would strongly recomend this majestic & magnificent place to anyone who would like to have the 5 star treatment.
I cant believe how nice & friendly the owners are. I am in awe with the breathtaking views & all the furnishings are 100% real & authentic. "NOT IKEA FURNITURE", like seriously all the wood and marble is real.
" WOW, JUST WOW ".
And the breakfast is perfectly done with the ambiance of forest feel. The outdoor is set up to remove you from the city & directly into the wild as you hear exotic birds & trickling water from the waterfall & pond.
I could go on and on & on, but my best advice is that you come check it out for yourself.
The price per room is so afordable, its almost a steal.

Room Tip: Everything about this place is just beautiful. Seriously, I cant complain.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Yvonne and Chantal made us feel so comfortable right from the moment of booking our room and throughout our 4 day stay

Room was large bright and the bed so comfortable I wanted to take it home.

Breakfast was great with a multitude of choices around a large table beside a wall of windows overlooking their gorgeous back yard

As English speakers it was a cultural experience for us but everyone made every effort to include us even other guests who had as much of a challenge with English as we did with French

A fun experience to be repeated again

Easy to get around by driving or the close by metro station.

Room Tip: All looked nice
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here while accompanying my partner having surgery at a medical facility. I'd recommend that anyone in the same situation find a hotel as there are alternatives closer to the medical facility. The rooms at the Gite are well presented and kept very clean. However, there is a feeling of being in someone's home, rather than a paying guest. Breakfast is served at the same time every day, even if a guest wants to make an early start. It is a communal arrangement involving enforced socialising with other guests, even if you prefer privacy. There is nowhere nearby to have an evening meal or a drink. When arriving back later than 9pm after spending the day with my partner, I felt as though I couldn't shower or watch TV in my room for fear of making any noise. A hotel would have been a far more relaxed option, at a time when I needed flexibility and privacy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carol M
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here because it was recommended by a medical institution. At first I thought that it would be a nice experience for someone who had not stayed in a bed and breakfast before as we usually stay in hotels. I was anticipating a warm and welcoming place where one could engage and meet a diversity of guests over a luscious spread. While it is true that the Gite is a beautiful place, the rooms are quaint and lovely, the hostess' attitude and personality is erratic and pretentious with no discretion. I don't want to go on about the negatives as it would take more than 200 characters to enumerate. In conclusion, my advise to travellers would be - stay at a hotel. Either way, you are paying for your stay so why subject yourself to tactless demeanor?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Cori W
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I only spent one night here, and circumstances prevented me from enjoying the included breakfast, but this B&B meets and exceeds all expectations that I had for it. The building is in excellent repair, and the rooms are furnished in a completely updated style. The room amenities were what you would expect at a 4 or 5 star hotel, and I had a great night's stay. My only regret was that my plans did NOT include another few nights staying at this marvelous establishment. For anyone with business in Laval, or in this end of Montreal, you should definitely check out the Gite du Marigot!

Room Tip: I had room 1 (I believe) at the top of the stairs. Bathroom included with the room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at the Gite Labor Day weekend. Our room was clean,quiet and well appointed. The best part of our stay was breakfast every day cooked to order by Chantal. She is an excellent cook and a gracious hostess. We enjoyed our conversations with our fellow travelers every morning. We would absolutely recommend this B&B to travelers going to Montreal.We hope to return again.

Room Tip: We liked Room 4.. private bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nancybomb
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

The Gite is located in Laval, a suburb north of Montreal proper. The city is easily accessible via the Metro, a short walk from the B&B. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The Gite is modern and beautifully appointed. The real draw, however, is the graciousness and hospitality of the hosts. Chantal is a fantastic cook, and provides breakfast, to order, every morning. If you can get past the eccentric location, and you appreciate an experience en famille, you can't do better.

• Stayed: May 2012