“Foods without fantasy and slow service”
Review of Zibo

Zibo
Ranked #69 of 674 Restaurants in Laval
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pierre-Peladeau
Transit: Bus 61
Description: ZIBO! Restaurant-Bars offer a mouth-watering California cuisine featuring salads, pizza, pasta, grilled dishes, fish, succulent desserts as well as a generous wine list. Whether enjoying a drink at the bar, a meal in the dining room or in a private setting, a romantic lunch for two, an outing with friends and family, a business dinner or even a hopping happy hour, customers appreciate the warm and trendy atmosphere of ZIBO! Restaurant-Bars.
Manama, Bahrain
“Foods without fantasy and slow service”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Restaurant is located on a roundabout where in almost all buildings are doing the same business. But for sure, during the next visit I will chose another one. The main reason was a really long waiting time to be served. Personnel was helpful and kind but probably overloaded. Menu was more or less classical: variety of steaks, some fish and poultry - but all made only on grill or fried. And some pizzas. Cozy environment in this case means really insufficient space. Vegetable for salad was not very fresh. No specific tastes for meat - and, as you can understand - foods are dry.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank smallhausen1

Canada
“It's their trend to keep disappointing”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I heard it's a nice restaurant: the only thing I find nice is the setting of the restaurant, trendy, modern, urban. Unfortunately, the menu is nice but the food lacks edge, very blah, you look at the plate you think it's going to be tasty, but it's just taste boring. I keep thinking it's going to be better next time, so I go back from time to time, but still the same thing, even when i order different things on the menu. One of the waiters told me once told me that a lot of people come for the salads: all the salads I tried were blah... Big portions, no taste to it. Dressings were basically oil and salt. Couldn't taste anything else, i don't get why they go cheap on taste. Don't they have recipes that the kitchen need to follow?? It tastes amateur. One time I ordered the fig salad, I couldn't believe the fig salad had 4 pieces of microscopic figs... That was funny.

The service is always soooooo long. Doesn't make a difference wether it's packed of people or if you're the only table, wether it's the summer or the winter, lunch or dinner, inside/outside table, one or the other restaurants: they'll make you wait no matter what. Tried all of thoses case!! Yesterday, i had 2 appetizers, 2 salads, with my husband, it took 2 hours to serve us, the waiter barely came to see us, never came for the bread he told us 3 times he would go get, the table beside us had to go get her drinks herself since she was waiting so long, we just decided in the end not to wait for the bill but to find the guy and harass him for it. Last thing he told me was, did I forget to bring you coffee or something? There was no way i was going to wait another half hour waiting for him to get the order for coffee and another half hour to get served!!! What a waste of my time. Should've went to Mikasa because you wait food tastes so good, the new Keg at carrefour laval which is FUN-in-a-box or Table51 for great great food. Try the fish @ table51 (bar du chili) it's amazing.

The verdict is not good for zibo: service:rarely seen such lacking in service. Food: overpriced for something that was just leaves and oil. I don't mind paying - but I didn't get the value of the price. The place looks good. If the waiters cared, didn't have memory trouble or weren't so lazy, and if the kitchen knew what they were doing, this could have been a great place. But hey, this is a restaurant that's not too much to ask: if service is non existent and kitchen in irrelevant, i don't need this type of experience. I want to enjoy my evening & not get stressed looking for the waiter to make sure he doesnt forget stuff or that he see's me waiving my hand.

I think when this chain first came out it was good, but then I don't know what happened. i'd be the owner, I'd be embarrassed... Anyway, I have no idea what zibo! means, and i don't think I want to go back to find out...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank foreverlilou
Laval, Canada
“Great food & Great service!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The food at Zibo is fantastic! A variety of dishes to choose from and not too pricy at all. I must admit that it was busy and a little noisy though. However, we would definitely go back :))

Montreal
“Great Food & A Special THANK YOU To The Staff”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The food at Zibo is delicious. They offer a great variety of main courses, so whether you're in the mood for meat, pasta, fish or a nice salad, you'll definitely be satisfied. I was there with my family and we were all very impressed with how good our meals were and how generous the portions are. The sangria is also very good! However, I was compelled to write this review (i never write reviews) because of how incredible the staff was during our experience here. While we were finishing our meals, my grand-mother fell unconscious and had a stroke. I called 911 and we all tried to wake her up but she was unresponsive. There were 2 waiters there who were training to become firefighters, and one waitress who was training to be a nurse. They immediately came to help by checking her pulse, placing cushions on the floor to lie her down, and constantly checking on her breathing. Even staff that was not trained in any way for this type of scenario tried to help in which ever way they could until the ambulance arrived. The manager asked my husband that we let him know in the near future how she is doing. They were quick in reacting to such a traumatic event and were extremely compassionate. She is now awake and ok. This review is to thank them and let people know that not only is this a great restaurant for food and service, but that they are well equipped for these types of unpredictable situations and take good care of their clients.

• Visited June 2012