“Better than expected”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2014

After reading mixed reviews, we were hesitant to go. It was our first time eating out at the Centropolis and we were afraid it might be a tourists trap. As it turned out, we had a very pleasant evening. I'm glad we tried the Aromate.
The atmosphere was nice, the restaurant was full but not too noisy. The service was excellent from start to finish.
We had the beef tartare and the tian de légumes as starters and both were really good (very generous portions). As a main course, the salmon tartare was excellent. I had the chicken pastas and I found there was a bit too much creamy sauce. It made it hard to distinguish the different flavours and elements of the dish. Still, I enjoyed my evening. I'd go back to try out the terrasse.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The person I was scheduled to have a meeting with picked this place. I saw the mixed reviews and was reluctant. However, the menu was impressive, so I decided to give it a try.

We made reservations and was surprised to be stuck in the back corner by the door. The main area did not seem too busy and we were seated beside a table of 3 and the tables beside them were empty. It was definitely a table just for 2 people.

The wine list was extensive, but definitely marked up above the average. I was stuck on the table d'hote and went with the duck drumsticks, smoked meat style and did not regret it. Service seemed refined, but lacked during our main course and hard to get their attention from our corner table.

I was not impressed overall, especially with the total amount that it cost. Although the menu and food are good, I will be considering other establishments within the Centropolis area on my next visit.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a so and so experience. Some of the food was good (appetizers, salmon), the rest was barely there for this kind of restaurant: lack of taste, weird mix, cheap products. The service had its up and down. Silvano really tried to make us feel welcome and comfortable; we even received a trou normand as a gift in the middle of our meal. Gabriel was sometimes carefull and pleasant and sometimes very preoccupied by anything but our table. The crowd was loud and drunk, one of the guest even dropped to the floor and waiters had to pick him up. Didn't help that our waiter was drinking with them maybe.... In the end, it wasn't a catastrophe but we will never return.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

a recent coupon promotion experience.:family of 4, we started with a welcome drink, supposed to be a cocktail, it turned out to be a simple fruit juice.A good marks for the salmon ,nicely pan fried to perfection on a bed of black rice and chopped veggie.unfortunately, it was flooded with cream.If you don't mind cream, this is the best choice. The lamb shank was dry and tasteless, disaster. the pork loin was tender and tasty . The appetizers are generally good, but again , cream everywhere. If you take away the cream , cannot guess what it will taste. The service is courteous and rapid. Wine list is affordable and good choice.

3  Thank chef g
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We and another couple regularly buy coupons on line,and try different restaurants,a great way to discover them and saving a few bucks and won't feel back for the wallet in case you don't like it.
So on the 1st of March 4 of us went to L'Aromate Resto Bar in Laval,we arrived 1/2hr early so we asked to be seated the bar and have a drink while waiting for our friends to arrive,the host seemed overwhelmed by the full house and was a bit cranky(sarcastic) but polite At the same time, I don't mind that,I'm the same (sarcastic).we ordered our drinks 1 Bloody Mary & 1 Vodka Martini(Grey Goose),my wife's drink was very good,but my martini was half a glass for a total of $ 28!!!!! Wow really overpriced.our friends arrived and we sat at our table,the waitress was very polite and friendly,cute too I must say. With our coupon we were entitle to a cocktail,entre,main dish,dessert coffee,my wife ordered her entre with the salmon, my friends and I ordered our entrees with the braised lamb shank as main dish, my friend ordered a bottle of white wine(Orvieto I think),me I ordered red Brolio,a few minutes later our waitress comes back telling us she had news for us,she told us that their was no more lamb shanks in the kitchen!!!!!!,really!!!!,it's on la Table d'Hotes !!!!!,so my friends took the salmon also and I the pork,we were really disappointed we really enjoy lamb in any fashion. The waitress comes back with the wines and tells me that they ran out of my Brolio also and was suggesting a Chianti Ruffino cuvée special to compensate,I wasn't crazy about it and asked her to bring me a Tenuta De Angelis instead. Finally after all that our entrees arrive which was excellent,then our main dishes the salmon and pork everything was good but I should of taken the salmon also. We still had a good time with each other,we always do,even with the waitress( forgot her name sorry),we were sitting where the owners books are located if it helps!!.to finish the meal we all took the chocolate mi-cuit which was excellent and a coffee to accompany it. Over all the meal was good,unfortunately when a restaurant runs out of one of their main dishes on the menu and also a wine that's very popular and good !!!!, makes you wonder if the person who does the food and beverages orders for the places knows what he's/she's doing????.

2  Thank Antonio T