“Outstanding!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jonquiere
Montreal
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The last time I was visiting the area on business, I stayed here, but it was a Holiday Inn... What Delta has done to transform this hotel to the level it is at now is outstanding. The room I was in was very spacious, clean and quiet! The decor was very inviting...not the usual boring hotel colours and style. The bathroom was appealing & clean. It even had a European flair to it. The desk in the room was designed for the business traveler and although I did not need it, I was impressed wit the features. High speed internet was appreciated, and all the little extras in the room such as: coffee maker, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, mini fridge, were an added bonus! The bed was extremely comfortable & I loved the pillows! (Sleep is very important when on business trips).
The restaurant was very inviting and the food fabulous. The wait-staff and chef were so accommodating and their help with the menu & choices was very much appreciated.
From the time I checked in to the time I checked out, all the staff were pleasant & professional and treated me like a repeat guest... I left the hotel wishing my stay would have been longer than the one night sleep-over.
I am contemplating visiting the area for pleasure in the coming year and I will be looking forward to another stay at the Delta, but for more than one night!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jasmine514
DOSDeltaSAG, Director of Sales at Delta Saguenay Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
It is always a pleasure to read a constructive review as the one you wrote about our establishment. Be assured that your comments have been sent forward to the leadership team of the hotel and will be taken into consideration. Your opinion is the key on what we must continue to work on to improve the quality of our product and services. We persevere with guest satisfaction in mind and we would be pleased to welcome you once again on your next trip for more than one night!

Olivier Fortin Tremblay
Director of sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

check-in was quick and staff was inviting. They took the time to explain all the services and restaurants in area. The rooms were new and clean. The bathroom was ordinary at best and small. Was in town for business and stay in the Delta chain on a regular basis. This one is above par for sure.

would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DOSDeltaSAG, Director of Sales at Delta Saguenay Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Firstly, we would like to thank you for your comments about our new hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that you are a customer of the chain. We hope to see you soon at the hotel. Thank you!
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Best place to stay while in the Saguenay - Lac St. Jean region. All rooms have been re-done recently, and although the conference rooms are a bit old, they're starting to revamp them now.
At the restaurant, same level!
Also, everyone is ready to help with a smile. Really happy with the service!
Only one drawback: the swiming pool is outside, and not heated.

Room Tip: I've been in 2 rooms, and they were exactly the same. Get a high floor to get good views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Firstly, we would like to thank you for your comments about our new hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our brand new rooms and we hope you will come back when our meeting rooms will be renovated. Thank you very much!!
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel used to be a Holiday Inn franchise. A few months ago, they completed the transition to the Delta banner. I slept there last week, for the first time, since the change. I was really surprised by the extent of the transformation. The rooms are a lot more appealing with lots of features geared to the business traveller. Well worth the extra dollars they are now charging for a room. One thing they have not changed is the culinary staff at the dining room. The food there is always outstanding. No need to head into town for a great meal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RoadWarrior98
DOSDeltaSAG, Director of Sales at Delta Saguenay Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, your response is very important to us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Delta Saguenay.

Thank you for your kind words for our team at the kitchen, we strive to delivery exceptional guest service and ensure a pleasant guest experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our brand new guest room accommodations.

Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I may be of any assistance to you on your next stay in the Saguenay region.

Toronto
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed one night after long day's drive along the Cote Nord. Room clean, new TV connection technology rivals anything seen in hotels in New York or Zurich. Dinner in restaurant was very good, featuring locally-inspired dishes. Wine by the glass a good pour for the price. Husband desired only ice cream for dessert - not on the menu - and was given a big scoop at a fair price. Mall next door; Tim Horton's very close. Wish I had business to bring me back!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robidoux
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for your kind words for our team at the restaurant, we strive to delivery exceptional guest service and ensure a pleasant guest experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our brand new guest room.

Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I may be of any assistance to you on your next stay in the Saguenay region for business.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I booked 3 nights at the Delta in early August and I will not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. It is renovated and like a brand new hotel. The bed was very comfortable which is always a big + in my book. The hotel restaurant breakfast buffet was also well above average and I have been to a few. The service was also very good and noteworthy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Denis713
Dear Valued Guest;

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our brand new guest room, restaurant and the service at the hotel.

New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed, my husband & I, at the Delta Saguenay for the first time during the long weekend of July & loved it. The hotel had been newly renovated & our room was beautiful but above all the staffs was great. From the moment we registered at the front desk we felt welcomed. The staff at the restaurant was also very friendly and a pleasure to deal with. But what impressed us even more and made our stay fabulous was the fact that when we ordered room service on the second night, upon telling the person that took our order on the phone that we had no table in our room, she said not to worry that they would figure something out for us. Next thing we know, there is a knock on our door, the room attendant with the help of another employee had brought a table with a white linen table cloth to our room with an extra ergonomic desk chair to make sure that we would be nice and comfortable to eat our meal. Now how great is that! We had been visiting around Lac St-Jean all day long and were too tired to go down to the restaurant but were still able to eat a great meal in total comfort. My hat off to the staff, each & every one of them made us feel welcome and treated us like family.

The only downfall was that the restaurant was close for breakfast on the Monday morning because it was a Holiday and we could not order breakfast in our room. Although, they did serve a continental breakfast in the lobby, free of charge.

I would recommand this hotel to anyone without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tinkerbella_11
, Director of Sales at Delta Saguenay Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Delta Saguenay and for sharing your experience with us and for your kind words for the Hotel, I shared your kind comments with our team, and your comments are certainly appreciated. I truly appreciate your insight and how you precisely described your stay with us. We place a great importance on taking care of our guests’ experience, and efforts are currently underway to train our team to improve their response to our guests’ needs.

Should your travels bring you back to Saguenay region, please contact me directly. I would like to assist you personally and ensure another great visit with us.

Kind Regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonquiere
Le Montagnais Saguenay
#2 of 2 in La Baie
Hotel Chicoutimi
Hotel Chicoutimi
#6 of 9 in Chicoutimi

Been to Delta Saguenay Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!