“Nice and Comfy”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Chicoutimi
Quebec City, Canada
“Nice and Comfy”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The renovated rooms in building D are very nice. Flat screen TV, lots of channels and decent internet. There is an indoor water park at this hotel which is really great if you bring children along and there is a lifeguard on duty which is really rare in most hotels. The front desk staff are ok, they could be nicer but I may have just been unlucky and hit the only person who was having a bad day..... As for their online booking system, it isn't great. This was my second time booking via the website and again, the reservation did not show up. Luckily, I had my confirmation number. The hotel is really well situated near restaurants, shopping malls and grocery stores. The only real issue with my stay was the really noisy AC system in the room.

Room Tip: I have been in building D a few times, the rooms with double beds on the lower floors aren't as...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Doophenshmitrz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
St Zotique
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We are a group of approximately 40 friends who spend the winter together in Florida. We get together once a year in the summer for a nice meal and to reminisce. This year we met in Chicoutimi at le Montagnais. Our first impression was of a nice place but once we got our rooms, we were all very disappointed. The furniture was ok, but most of the rooms had a bad smell in the carpet but the worst was yet to come. The meal they served us was terrible (tourtiere du Lac St Jean - meatpie) had been overcooked and burnt. Two days later after returning home, I broke out with bed bug bites all over my body. This is not a hotel that i would recommend to anyone.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Claude M

Travelers are raving about these Chicoutimi hotels

Contrecoeur, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Well very bad experience for the price,bathroom full of long hair on are first look around,A/C beside making some noise never got the room to desired temps,pillows are way past they life expectancy and the cap that drains water from the bath was broken had to hold it with my tow so water would escape will taking my shower.
To expensive for what it is rooms are big but very old.it will be my last time.

Room Tip: Bigger rooms have nice king beds but ask for more pilows
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eric B
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Clean, bed comfortable, but no air circulation in section C. (old section)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Al C
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My room was small but fairly clean. The carpet and the furnitures were in good condition. Both beds were very very hard but I could smell the freshness (newly washed) of the bed sheets and covers. The heat and a/c was working well but had a very loud noise that camouflaged the noises coming from the hallway. The washroom needs to be renovated ASAP. Some of the grout near the tub were black and the ceiling had a funky seventies style to it. The toilet sit needs to be change - it was scary looking. I had plenty of towels that lasted me for three nights.

The location was great - near the groceries, convenient store, SAQ (liquor store), etc. There is a night club 'Eclipse' in the basement - what a bonus! The kids enjoyed their time in the pool.

In general the hotel needs renovation all around.

The hotel restaurant makes excellent SPAGHETTI SAUCE and the price is right. They don't serve everything on their menu - funny!!! Some of the waitress lacks finesse when comes to serving the customers, at times I felt like being served in a raunchy bar. They have to be picky with the words they use to the customers.

This is a very average hotel and paid approx. $398 canadian for 3 nights.

Room Tip: I saw 4 rooms and all were small size.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank douglas41
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I travelled to Saguenay on business with my wife just after my cataract surgery. The weather was quite good and we both found the Hotel quite reasonable and well laid out. It is getting somewhat dated and could use some updating. The Restaurant was located near the front entrance ans served a very good breakfast. For Dinner we chose a Restaurant just across the street. The Hotel boasts a central location and it is very easy to find good choices nearby. Parking is good and free and a number of amenities are quite near such as grocery stores and convenience stores. On the second day we chose to go close to the riverfront, also within easy driving distance. All in all a good choice though the Pool should be upgraded. We will stay there again though the Holiday Inn Express in Arvida is a better choice. Just to add a bit more, the Airport is also not far so for a business trip this works for me.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are fina in any location at this hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Quebec
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We were in the old part of the hotel. The carpet was dirty and the room smelled like old smoke. The beds were uncomfortable and the pillows were too thin - no head support at all. I haven't slept 5 nights in a row. We were on the first floor and our room had two doors: one leading to the parking and the other one leading inside the hotel. It was convenient to have the door leading right to our car because we had lots of stuff including skis. However, that door was so poorly insulated that the wind was going right through. As a result we had to run the heater all the time, and the air in the room was extremely dry. The bathroom was ok - regular size and clean. For some reason, even though we booked a double occupancy room, everything was provided for one person - one tea bag, one tiny shampoo, one bag of sugar. Very strange. The drain in the sink was permanently clogged.
There was a fridge but it barely worked. The cleaning service was fine, no complaints at all.
There was a Loblaws right across the street and SAQ Selection, very convenient.
Not a hotel I'd recommend for a romantic getaway - it's more for families. And since everything was poorly insulated, we could hear those running kids a mile away (everything'd be shaking).
The hotel has nice facilities but they seem not to be used at all! They can do so much with a nice property like this!
Haven't tried the pool or the gym.
The nightclub was empty and quiet. The spa seemed nice but was all booked. Try booking in advance.
The restaurant was fine. Highly recommend the grill section of the menu and the desserts. I was actually impressed with both!
The service in the restaurant was so-so and the wait was way too long.
The staff doesn't speak English. Big problem if you come from abroad. Don't know what they are thinking. Maybe developing tourism is not the goal of the area....

Room Tip: At check-in ask if you're placed in the old part or in the renovated part of the hotel. If you...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicoutimi
Comfort Inn
#7 of 9 in Chicoutimi
L'Auberge des Battures
L'Auberge des Battures
#2 of 2 in La Baie

Been to Le Montagnais Saguenay? Share your experiences!