“Be careful if you order take-out here”
Review of Aki Sushi

Aki Sushi
Ranked #66 of 128 Restaurants in Chicoutimi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
“Be careful if you order take-out here”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The restaurant is compact, nicely decorated, neat and clean, the prices are reasonable, and the staff seem nice and professional. However, from reading garybc's review, I suspect that the experience here with take-out is not comparable to the experience with the experience dining in. This is the first sushi restaurant where I have ordered take-out sushi and not received (a) chopsticks, (b) a napkin, (c) sauce, (d) wasabi (or (e) ginger, although that's happened to me before). Good thing that I checked the order for those items before I left. Bad thing that I didn't check the actual sushi order itself; they gave me only 4 pieces of the sushi when I ordered (and paid for, as clearly indicated on the receipt) 8 pieces.

Also, they had some precooked items at the front (apparently for take-out), and I indicated some rolls as something I would like to order, but hot, so the server offered to heat them up for me. Fair enough, but I doubt (hopefully) that if I had dined in there, they would have served me reheated rolls instead of freshly cooked ones. It would have been nice if the server had given me freshly cooked rolls in my take-out order.

I would have liked to have liked this sushi restaurant, because it is close to the hotel that I stay at when I visit Chicoutimi. However, I won't be going back there again. :-(

• Visited November 2012

Rockville, Maryland
“Surprisingly good and recommended”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife & I tried to go to Tamaki Sushi which has the #1 rating on Trip Advisor, but it was inexplicably closed at 7 on Saturday when we got there. Perhaps it was the closed off street hosting band concerts. Our B&B has recommended Aki Sushi and some natives who turned at the closed Tamaki said they would go tp Aki so we did too and had a fabulously tasty time from start to finish.

Aki is not downtown but easily found and were busy on a Saturday night. One should call ahead if possible to get one of the intimate and warm rooms in the back, but tables up front are comfortable.

There is a menu in English with pictures.
We shared the Pizza poulet, ($10) sort of a specialty in the area and it was a delicious baked rice patty that fluffed up and was covered with tender strips of chicken (a tad salty) and fresh salad.
When asked about specials our waiter had recommended the chef's choice (Choic du chef) of 1 piece of sushi each for a $. What ever they are making you get and it is a mix. I ordered 6 and we got a vegetarian, a shrimp and crab mix a lobster and 2 salmons, and a shrimp. All light and delicious.

I don;t normally order dessert in a sushi restaurant, but this chain has some good ones for only $3.49.
They have a light chocolate and a sweet pineapple tempura, but I ordered the 3 layered niji-iro choco (top) -tapioca -mango (on the bottom). Delicious and topped off the meal without a beat.

The service was very good and solicitous. They tool the time to explain all the choices we had and wanted us to be happy.

• Visited August 2012