“Fish & Chips delight”

Skip's Fish N Chips
Ranked #5 of 74 Restaurants in Summerside
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Things you need to know before you get here,,, - Don't wait for a maitre D in a 3 pc suit to seat you. Seat yourself - Don't ask for ice. Drinks are served in very cold cans and bottles with a wrapped straw. Why? Cans and bottles are recycled across the street while dirty glasses require the use of fossil fuels to heat dishwasher. Don't ask for a glass of ice water with a lemon either. Cold bottled water is $1.00 - There are no germ infested re used menus at the table. The menu is on the wall. - If the waiter seems to be ignoring you its because he didn't notice you as a new customer. Don't sit there and stew about it. Let him know you would like to order.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Try their special. For just over $11.00 your get a lg. piece of fish in crispy batter, home fries,cole slaw, drink, and an ice cream sundae.
Recently added more seating.
The atmosphere is lunch diner.
Dress is casual.

1  Thank Margie1489

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went last week 15 min before closing time, so we offered to take it to go, but the owner refused and let us eat at our pace past closing time. The Fish N Chips is not only the best we ever ate, but it is huge peace of fish making our experience great. Congratulation to this place !

1  Thank Mic596
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I visited Skip’s Fish N Chips after checking the rating on TripAdvisor. As the #2 restaurant in town, I was excited to dine there. To my surprise, this place is more of a greasy spoon diner than a formal restaurant. This is my own fault, as I clearly didn’t look into the reviews closely enough; it clearly describes the place as cheap eats, takeout, etc. With that being said, the fact that it is a diner is not in any way a problem, I just figured I’d point that out to other people who might assume the #2 place in town would be a formal restaurant. If you are looking to take a date to somewhere classy, this wouldn’t necessarily be the place, however if you are looking for good food at a decent price, then stop by.

I arrived 15 mins before close, as I was coming from out of town. When I arrived and asked if I had time to eat, the owner told me it was no problem and to make myself at home. The owner was very friendly and made small chit chat with me (I was travelling alone). I ate in a hurry so that I wouldn’t impose on him and make him stay late, but he told me to take my time and not rush, which was nice.

The food was good; I got the special of the day, fish and chips with a pop and an ice cream sundae.

Overall, I think this place represents the local feel of Summerside and PEI in general; quaint, down to earth, and friendly. The food was good and well priced and I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Summerside.

1  Thank Panthalassa
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I live close to Summerside but never ate here, it just doesn't look like much of a Restaurant. My Husband and I decided we would try it, we heard from many that it had Great Fish and Chips. The fish is lightly battered and the fries are fresh cut. The Fish and Chips were not greasy at all. Great Fish and Chips and the gentleman that served us was friendly. He didn't come back to check on us, but I joked with my husband that he must have known there wouldn't be a problem lol

1  Thank Shirley B
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our family tried this after finding it as a popular restaurant in Summerside, PEI. We both tried the seafood platter. It was huge to say the least and all for about $20.00. Although the fries, scallops, clams and haddock was deep fried it did not leave and after taste nor did it make us feel too full. We did notice a few differences between the price menu board and the prices charged. It wasnt signification so we just paid the bill. In all the meal was great and we will certainly go back if we find ourselves back in the Summerside Area.