“Not a bad spot, basic pub fare and seafood.”

Deckhouse Pub & Eatery
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Summerside
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Just out for a quick bite a decided to give the deckhouse a try. The menu had lots of seafood and pub food. The wings only had 2 sauce options (a hot sauce and buttermilk ranch) which was disappointing. A buddy and I ended splitting the crews platter. The food was good but nothing that stands out. I'd go back again though.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had lunch at the deckhouse and were quite surprised by the great food and service. The chowder,lobster sliders and salad are a real winner.

1  Thank JanetC62
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Located at Spinnakers Wharf, its a bit touristy and more for the local or college age crowd, but the food is good, and prices average to above average for what you get. Truth be told, I do not go away hungry from there, and the bartenders do know their stuff. A solid "Average" to "Very Good" depending on your servers experience and the noise level. Patio dining highly preferred when the weather cooperates.

1  Thank NoWin
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We ate there last night. On the way up the stairs I thought the warning note about hornets was a joke, but it was not a joke. You can expect to be bombarded with hornets flying around your food. The waitor explained there's nothing we can do. I beg to differ! Hire a professional to find what must be a nest in the building. There's no excuse for customers having to endure that. It didn't matter what the food tasted like - which was ok - the experience was awful.

1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Ate here while visiting my in-laws on my yearly trek to PEI and was pleasantly surprised by the Deckhouse. I expected a below average tourist trap, but we got a decent meal, a great view of the ocean and some very good and friendly service. If you're in the area, I'd say it's your best bet. It may not rank as your best meal ever, but it's good food. Pair what you're eating with a local Island beer, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.