“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Summerside
Fredericton
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Travellers Inn in Summerside . I travelled from Alberta to PEI to visit family and friends.. I picked Travellers Inn because it was within my price range and I got lots of value for my money. I stayed for 2 weeks and was treated like family by the staff. They went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. They also had an indoor pool which was great for relaxing after a busy day of visiting and then a great on site restaurant to enjoy a meal before heading to the lounge for a evening cocktail. Overall it was great experience and will be staying again in future when coming for a visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

i had a good time at the travellers inn it was really nice, i thought it was a new motel, and we had a great time in the swimming pool with my friends we hope to go back this summer. the town of summerside was great and they had a nice movie cinima

Room Tip: we liked being close to the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
moncton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

hi, our family went for a family getaway in january to break up the winter. we loved the pool and the resturant was the best. we weren't far from any thing in summerside, and dad promised we could maybe go back this summer!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

my family and i stayed 3days in summerside for a tourament at the travellers inn, we had a great time the rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful, we plan on going again this summer, we found and to be in a great location and the price very affordable, we would recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katherine B
TravisSummerside, Guest Relations Manager at Traveller's Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Katherine B

It was our pleasure to host you during your stay in our hotel in April. we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to tell us and other fellow travel advisors about your stay. we hope you had great success with your tournament and hope to see you back here soon.
borden, pei
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on dec 15 after my staff Xmas party.
Waited at the desk for more than 10 min for someone to arrive and check me in. His name was Hal. Never said hi, how ya doing , welcome nothing. Not even a sorry for the wait. He only spoke when I asked about the pool. Then he told me about the continental breakfast. That was it. Very unprofessional and rude I thought. Just for that reason. I would probly never stay again.

The room was smoke free but reeked of smoke!! I'm a non smoker so it was quite smelly to me. Room was a lil dated but I'm not fancy, so it didn't bother me. Bathroom was large with lots of storage space. Room had fridge and microwave and a coffee maker which was a bit dirty and dusty, you could tell it hadn't been used in some time. Older tv but was big. Bed fairly comfy and soft. Pillows were awful!! Flat as pancakes. 2 together would be the size of a reg. pillow.

Very loud and disruptive. A lot of commotion around 130 am, screaming and telling outside and a loud Diesel engine. They must have got the room next to mine cus there was thumping and banging and doors slamming most the night. Then before 9 the housekeeper started. It was a very loud night and morning. Woke at least every hour or more. Very tired in morning.

Hal was working again at check out, great news , he was just as cheerful leaving as he was when I arrived!! ( insert eye roll here)

Didn't get to use the pool as it was full of kids when I got there, which later went screaming and running down the hall like a herd of elephants.

Didn't eat my free breakfast, as I was too tired to get up after all the disturbances in the night!

Entrance door ground was covered in cigarette butts everywhere. Something choice hotels would be happy to see I'm sure. That's a big turn off if you don't smoke. noone wants to walk by stinky smokers at the door! Offensive.

Overall the room was tidy, decent size, lots if towels, there was shampoo , lotion and 3 soaps , comfy beds, but a scratchy blanket which was itchy.

Slept with the window open a crack as the air conditioner didn't work. I know it's December but I run on the hot side , so the ac on low would have been great. Woke up freezing and then only the heat in the bathroom worked.

Overall prob wouldn't stay again due to the poor service. Never complained to the front desk, just left in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank kellyshunter
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is old and looking it's age. The TV was an old CRT and the picture was bad. The air conditioner looked like it was from 1970's and it was rattling and very noisy. The carpet in the place was stained and worn, the bed was not that comfortable. The WIFI sucked I'm sure it was at dial up speed. The breakfast was terrible we skipped it after seeing the food. I would stay anywhere but this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TravisSummerside, Public Relations Manager at Traveller's Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear GC Graham

Your coments on the problems with your stay are greatly appreciated as Sharing them with us is the only way for us to improve our accomidations. since January we have come under new Management. and under our new Brand that has allowed us to provide our guests with a higher degree of service. both at service and hospitality level
since your stay we have under gone extensive Renovations to our rooms. many of our tv's are being replaced with flat screen LCD's. we are also updating our air conditioning units in the rooms as well. the WIFI has Recived upgrades to allow for for Faster connections. we have also improved our selection of Breakfast Items, We now offer a hot and cold Breakfast, with the addition of scrambled eggs and sausage, we also offer fresh baked muffins an a waffle station where you can make your own waffles. we would like to thank you for voiceing our concerns to us and hope you will give us another chance to show you our upgraded hospitality
Belleville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

My partner and I were looking on line for a motel/hotel,cabin to stay in Summerside for the nights of July 22 and 23, 2012. I called the reservation desk and was told that they are pet friendly, important to us as we travel with a very small dog. I also told the gentleman that we are smokers and was told that even though they do not have smoking rooms that each room had an exit to a small area with a table and some chairs. This was fine with us as we do not smoke indoors anyway. We got the very good directions from the map and had someone call from a restaurant in Charlottetown to say we were going to be later than 9:p.m. which they told us was fine and they would be expecting us.

We drove along the very dark road and even went through a construction area as we had gone about 20 miles past where the hotel was supposed to be. We got directions back (now 40 miles out of our way) and I could not imagine how I had missed the sign which is usually quite obvious as it is a bright red. When we finally got to the hotel check-in I mentioned to the lady at the desk about our 40 mile waste of gas and time and she laughed and said she had been busy at the bar so had FORGOTTEN to turn on the sign. No wonder we missed it, it is pitch black. We went to our room which was far from fresh smelling and also found that the coffee maker and coffee that were supposed to be provided were not there. A call to the desk resulted in the info that there is no coffee maker for this room - not a nice surprise. We decided to just have a soft drink and go out to our little smoking area but THERE IS NO AREA EXCEPT THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE and no ash trays or table and chairs. There was NO DOOR directly from our room as promised when we booked, no coffee and no help from the front desk about anything.
We had arrived at about 11p.m. and were tired so we went to sleep in our uncomfortable bed and cancelled our reservation for the night of the 23rd. I have NEVER been in such a hurry to get out of anyplace as I was at this Econolodge. The rate we paid should have provided everything we had promised but there was no apology from any staff about the bad information we had received prior to booking. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone unless I did not like them anyway.

Room Tip: My tip would be to book at a different hotel or motel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna888_12
Dear Donna 888_12

We would like to thank you for the time you took to write your review as it is the only way that we the Hotelier can improve on our service to our customers

Please Note that as of the first of this year we have come under new management re-branding under the Traveller's Inn Banner and made numerous renovations to our hotel since January we have replaced all the beds in our establishment and are in the processes of procuring all new pillows we have also updated the decor and started replacing old TVs with new flat screen LCD TVs

I wish to let you know that we have installed a series of timers on our lights and made sure staff know that it is very important that the outside lights be turned on at proper times in our eyes the situation like yours was unacceptable and for that we do apologize.

the issue you had with the mis- information is something that we do not wish to happen again. although we are not sure why a staff member would tell you that any of our rooms had outdoor access, our hall ways have exits at both ends and one half way down the hall for the convenience of guests like your self who would like to go out side to smoke.

We hope you will come back and try out our new improved guest experience and thank you for letting us know what we need to improve on.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerside
Quality Inn & Suites Garden of the Gulf
Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside
Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites
Slemon Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Causeway Bay Hotel
Causeway Bay Hotel
#8 of 13 in Summerside
Super 8 Charlottetown PE

Been to Traveller's Inn? Share your experiences!