“one-night stay”
Review of Traveller's Inn

Traveller's Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Summerside
Reviewed January 5, 2012

worst place ever - would never recommend - dirty and falling apart - desperatelty needs upgrades or at least rprs

Room Tip: have a look at the room prior to paying
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I was in summerside visiting family in summer of 2011. First of all, I highly recomment staying away from this lodge if you have a young family or if you like sleeping in the morning. Me and my boyfriend have a daughter who was 10 months old at the time. Babies take naps in the morning, but it is very difficult to lay a baby down when a maid is going in and out of 1 room 200 times, door slamming shut with a horrible bang each and every time. The walls must of been paper thin, we got more and more upset every time the door was slammed (which was every 30 seconds). On top of that noise, there was a group of people in the hallway laughing out loud, screaming instead of talking appropriatly, not taking into account that other people are paying money to stay in the lodge and might want extra sleep. The employees never said a word to this group, instead a woman who was in a room down the hall asked them to ''please shut-up'' which didnt work, and came back out of her room to throw coffee on someone in the loud group... what a circus, all taking place without any interruption from employees. We could hear all of this going on while we were laying in bed with our daughter, it was absolutly awful. When we left, no one at the desk apoligized for inconvinience of others, it was as if nothing had happened. I will never enter that place again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed for two nights while in PEI for a holiday. Everything was very clean and well-maintained in our room and the price was good, however, the pool was absolutely FREEZING and there is no hot tub. Our suppertime meals at the restaurant were very good. I highly recommend the pan fried scallps with a side of mussels. Yum! However, the continental breakfast in the morning leaves much to be desired. Imagine 14 people standing in line to use the ONE waffle machine. Not fun. And everything else available is cold. There is no bacon or scrambled eggs. There is cold cereal, muffins, toast, & yogurt.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mintara
Reviewed February 18, 2011

My photo says it all ! a decomposing mouse in a sticky pad trap, that I had pulled out from underneath my TV cabinet. Through out our stay, we had fruit flies, and I could not find the source. The room and bathroom need some serious deep cleaning. The pool was freezing and the floor badly needs to be BLEACHED ! But I think what shocked me the most ( after spending many years in the hospitality industry in Ireland) was the Manager-Owners reply.......I do not know how that could of got there. Well, lets just say.....you do not put down mice traps if you do not have a problem with rodents !!!!!!!
p.s....does anyone need to see the photo as proof !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
9  Thank Ireland1974
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Our stay at the Econo lodge was the worst hotel stay I have ever had. I have traveled to many countrys and I was suprised to see a hotel so close to home being the worst. Our room was dirty, we had to find a room attendent to clean our room. After they left we still found dirt and an empty beer bottle left over from who know's when. We took the kids to the so called heated pool. The pool water was so cold the kids could not stay in it. The next day when we checked out we complained to the clerk at the desk and they just said it was too bad. The hotel staff were all smoking at the main entrance so we were forced to exit from another door.

When we returned home I emailed the corporate office. They were quick to point out that the hotel was privately owned and they had nothing to do with it. I emailed management at the Summerside location and received a letter in the mail about three weeks later indicating that they would do nothing about our poor service during out stay.

I would never recomend this place to my worst enemy. The staff were complete idiots and should not be allowed anywhere near the hospitality industry. They do not represent the island well at all.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank FireFighterCompany2
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Had a wonderful stay Sunday night. The staff were great and the Continental Breakfast the next morning had such a great variety. Such big and bright rooms, comfortable beds and very reasonable prices. Have enjoyed every trip to the Island when at this motel, always look forward to next time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank djcorb
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Stayed there on June 15th and was more then happy with my stay. The staff were great and offered lots of information on what to do and what to see. The restaurant was VERY clean and the food excellent. Their continental breakfast offered much more then other places we have stayed. They even kept the pool open a little longer for us since we got back to the hotel just before they closed. Our sleep was very good and the beds comfortable.
Overall I have to say we enjoyed our stay and WILL be staying there again in Aug when we come over for a wedding.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Halifaxguy40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerside
Slemon Park Hotel & Conference Centre
#8 of 14 in Summerside
Stanley Bridge Country Resort
Stanley Bridge Country Resort
#1 of 1 in Stanley Bridge

Been to Traveller's Inn? Share your experiences!