“Not great, not horrible”
Review of Traveller's Inn

Traveller's Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Summerside
High Prairie, Canada
“Not great, not horrible”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed for two nights while in PEI for a holiday. Everything was very clean and well-maintained in our room and the price was good, however, the pool was absolutely FREEZING and there is no hot tub. Our suppertime meals at the restaurant were very good. I highly recommend the pan fried scallps with a side of mussels. Yum! However, the continental breakfast in the morning leaves much to be desired. Imagine 14 people standing in line to use the ONE waffle machine. Not fun. And everything else available is cold. There is no bacon or scrambled eggs. There is cold cereal, muffins, toast, & yogurt.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mintara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2011

My photo says it all ! a decomposing mouse in a sticky pad trap, that I had pulled out from underneath my TV cabinet. Through out our stay, we had fruit flies, and I could not find the source. The room and bathroom need some serious deep cleaning. The pool was freezing and the floor badly needs to be BLEACHED ! But I think what shocked me the most ( after spending many years in the hospitality industry in Ireland) was the Manager-Owners reply.......I do not know how that could of got there. Well, lets just say.....you do not put down mice traps if you do not have a problem with rodents !!!!!!!
p.s....does anyone need to see the photo as proof !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
9 Thank Ireland1974
Pictou, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Our stay at the Econo lodge was the worst hotel stay I have ever had. I have traveled to many countrys and I was suprised to see a hotel so close to home being the worst. Our room was dirty, we had to find a room attendent to clean our room. After they left we still found dirt and an empty beer bottle left over from who know's when. We took the kids to the so called heated pool. The pool water was so cold the kids could not stay in it. The next day when we checked out we complained to the clerk at the desk and they just said it was too bad. The hotel staff were all smoking at the main entrance so we were forced to exit from another door.

When we returned home I emailed the corporate office. They were quick to point out that the hotel was privately owned and they had nothing to do with it. I emailed management at the Summerside location and received a letter in the mail about three weeks later indicating that they would do nothing about our poor service during out stay.

I would never recomend this place to my worst enemy. The staff were complete idiots and should not be allowed anywhere near the hospitality industry. They do not represent the island well at all.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank FireFighterCompany2
Welland, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Had a wonderful stay Sunday night. The staff were great and the Continental Breakfast the next morning had such a great variety. Such big and bright rooms, comfortable beds and very reasonable prices. Have enjoyed every trip to the Island when at this motel, always look forward to next time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank djcorb
Halifax
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Stayed there on June 15th and was more then happy with my stay. The staff were great and offered lots of information on what to do and what to see. The restaurant was VERY clean and the food excellent. Their continental breakfast offered much more then other places we have stayed. They even kept the pool open a little longer for us since we got back to the hotel just before they closed. Our sleep was very good and the beds comfortable.
Overall I have to say we enjoyed our stay and WILL be staying there again in Aug when we come over for a wedding.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Halifaxguy40
Manitoba
Reviewed June 17, 2010

the Econolodge was an awesome place to stay! We had a great night sleep and then had a free cont'l breakfast which had so much to choose from. I would recommend this stay for anyone, it was a great price and the location was in the middle of everything!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Frankie006
Calgary
Reviewed January 27, 2010

After we checked into this motel we decided we could not stay there and tried to find other accomodations but the Canada Games were taking place and everything was full.
The bathroom stunk, sheets were so thin that the mattresses were visible. We both wound up with rashes on our legs, at the time we thought it might be the detergent that was used to wash the bedding but now I think it may have been bed bugs. I reported this place to the tourist bureau in Charlottetown and to the Health Dept. It looks like they are still in business although I would caution anyone planning to stay there to be aware

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank stromboliCalgary
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerside
Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Garden of the Gulf
Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside
Slemon Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Causeway Bay Hotel
Causeway Bay Hotel
#8 of 13 in Summerside
Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages

Been to Traveller's Inn? Share your experiences!