Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside
TripAdvisor
$89
Causeway Bay Hotel(Summerside)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmusselsbit datedwater viewbusiness tripfront desk stafflarge roomeasy accessoff seasonhome away from homewaterfrontpeicondoterrywharfsummerhallwaysupper
Reviewed August 31, 2010

first time on pei, so didn't know the area. pulled in late after a long drive and were hungry. saw that the hotel had a restaurant so decided to stay. the front desk staff mentioned that the air conditioning was not working all the time, turned out not to be working at all. there were no amentities for the price of this hotel, not even a coffee maker in the room which they mention in their flyer. they don't even offer a free continental breakfast, which even smaller places we found later did. the swimming pool was a joke. the towels were so worn they were torn. the condition of the hotel is horrible, i would be embarrassed to work there. the waitress in the restaurant was awful, i ordered a halibut meal and got haddock with mushrooms. definitely look for other places, we found adorable cottages all over the island with more room and far less expensive.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kgregorzek
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights with a friend and her daughter. The hotel is nice but not as good as the pictures on the web would lead you to believe. The room we had was fairly spacious and overall was satisfactory but could use some improvement. Beds were fairly comfortable so got a good night's sleep.

The pool is small and very cold - too cold for either of us adults to swim in. The sauna was awful -old, dirty and the inner walls were carved up with people's initials. It should either be completely replaced or removed altogether.

The one thing that really stood out about this hotel is the restaurant. We had a fantastic meal there and it was a definate highlight of our stay. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced - highly recommend it.

The location of this hotel is really great but not all rooms have a great view unless you're on an upper floor facing the water. It is located across the street from Spinnakers Landing which is a nice little spot for shopping and some entertainment during the evening in the summer.

Overall, it was pretty good value for the money but really needs a facelift.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank thearcher23
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I will keep it short. Basically I visited 6-7 hotels/motels and stayed at 3 of them. I started with two nights at the quality inn in summerside when my back started hurting from the beds. The service was wonderful but sorry, the rooms were stuffy and the beds terrible. I quickly moved over to the Loyalist and was immediatley relieved. A beautiful room and it felt clean as soon as I walked in. The room service was quick and the food was fantastic. I had to stay one more night than originially intended but all the rooms were booked. I took a drive visited some of the other hotels in summerside, no good trust me! Then I drove across to charlottetown and found nothing that great. The two best choices were the delta at 225$ ???ludacris, then the Rod Hotel at 159$ corporate rate. Trust me, I am not going back to the Rod hotel. I turned on the faucet to take a shower, and brown water met my hands for a few minutes. Then although the water looked clear, it kept changing temperature. Not a great start to your day. Terrible standards.! Loyalist even if you're days are in charlottetown!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Bordz
Reviewed September 8, 2009

It is a nice hotel but I find it is way overpriced.

I will only stay here if there are no local motels available due to the very high price tag that come with the stay.
The staff are great, and the rooms are just okay but not for the price.

I must also add that the staff are extremely honest and that is very impressive, you know if you leave something behind, you are going to get it back

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank jjejermaster
Reviewed April 7, 2009

This used to be a crown jewel of a hotel to stay in before it was sold..
Now it is a great old building with no one that cares about it, totally indifferent staff who could barely lift their head and no customer service at all .. they need to hire some housekeepers and so some cleaning. if the staff did not turn you off then the dated look and unrepair of this hotel would, the former owners must be sick to see this place go to pot like this.I saw so much mold I was sure that we would be sick
Would not stay there again

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business