“home away from home”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Summerside
Slemon Park
“home away from home”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I spent a total (to date) of eleven weeks at the loyalist while working in Summerside. I find the entire staff to be friendly, helpful and professional. when there is something that is not right (phone, noise, etc.) they take care of
it quickly. The menu could use some updating but, what's there is high quality and usually pleasing to my picky pallet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Grafton
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was clearly wants a beautiful hotel location is wonderful great view of the ocean however it needs TLC. Air-conditioning was not running in the room when we were there at the end of May and there was not enough Hot water to have hot showers each morning so I was forced to have a cold shower

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Jeff T
Ingleside, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Excellent value, great location, friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms
Hotel is located on shoreline near downtown Summerside. Staff are very friendly & accommodating. Room while not luxury are clean & comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Sussex, Nb
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Pretty and clean hotel but it is a high price for very little. Most hotels offer at least a continental breakfast included. Restaurant was pricy. Paid a little extra to get a little more but it didn't work out. Not likely to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Jack_Sussex_NB
KENTVILLE
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Overall stay was very nice. Property is in a great location and the staff is wonderful. Property could use some TLC as it looks like it was very nice 15 years ago. Has great potential to look amazing again. :) I did enjoy the stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This really is a nice property with its downtown waterfront location. Fairly easy to get to from the highway the hotel features spacious rooms, well appointed and with the amenities you would expect. Wifi is provided free but in found the signal a little too weak to support Skype calling. Very nice to have a restaurant on site - food selection was good and generally tasty, fair priced. Service, on hype other hand, was not great. For dinner we waited almost an hour to receive our food. When I approached the waitress to ask when we could expect to eat (at the 40 minute mark) she was apologetic but put it off to being very busy. I advised her, and I would to any employee or owner reading this, to TELL ME THE TRUTH FROMM THE START. If you can't match your normal service standards because of a rush that's fine, it can't always be perfect. But if you tell e the realistic wait time when I come in I can make my own mind up but you can bet I won't complain about the delay because I was informed. Instead, you end up with a situation like this.....very nice place to stay but I won't use the restaurant again I without careful consideration of wait times. There was a group of soccer kids there and the hotel handled their rowdiness very well - thank you. Road noise was noticeable at night but not enough to disrupt sleep. My rating of service is "poor" only because of the restaurant, the front desk people were great.

Room Tip: 4th floor is usually quieter than the rest of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jim M, General Manager at Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Loyalist. I am disappointed we failed to meet your expectations regarding your meal in our dining room. I sincerely apologize for our failure on this front. I would normally ask for more details on when, which dining outlet you used and so on, but ultimately it is irrelevant. We failed to provide you with a pleasant and timely dining experience. I will obviously present and discuss your comments with our front of house and kitchen teams. I am happy that you found the rest of your visit enjoyable and will use your comments as a learning tool to improve our service and product delivery in our food and beverage outlets.

Jim Martell
Charlottetown
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel was ideally located on the waterfront in downtown Summerside. The room was a good size and well appointed to meet my needs. We were pleased that the hotel had all the amenities for our stay, restaurant, fitness centre, swimmimg pool and was close to businesses and attractions along the waterfront.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jim M, General Manager at Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Loyalist. I am pleased that you found your stay enjoyable and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to your next visit with us when in Summerside.

Regards,

Jim Martell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerside
Quality Inn & Suites Garden of the Gulf
Shining Waters - Ingleside Resort
Causeway Bay Hotel
Causeway Bay Hotel
#8 of 14 in Summerside

Been to Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside? Share your experiences!