“Comfortable Stay”

Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Summerside
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Overall stay was very nice. Property is in a great location and the staff is wonderful. Property could use some TLC as it looks like it was very nice 15 years ago. Has great potential to look amazing again. :) I did enjoy the stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This really is a nice property with its downtown waterfront location. Fairly easy to get to from the highway the hotel features spacious rooms, well appointed and with the amenities you would expect. Wifi is provided free but in found the signal a little too weak to support Skype calling. Very nice to have a restaurant on site - food selection was good and generally tasty, fair priced. Service, on hype other hand, was not great. For dinner we waited almost an hour to receive our food. When I approached the waitress to ask when we could expect to eat (at the 40 minute mark) she was apologetic but put it off to being very busy. I advised her, and I would to any employee or owner reading this, to TELL ME THE TRUTH FROMM THE START. If you can't match your normal service standards because of a rush that's fine, it can't always be perfect. But if you tell e the realistic wait time when I come in I can make my own mind up but you can bet I won't complain about the delay because I was informed. Instead, you end up with a situation like this.....very nice place to stay but I won't use the restaurant again I without careful consideration of wait times. There was a group of soccer kids there and the hotel handled their rowdiness very well - thank you. Road noise was noticeable at night but not enough to disrupt sleep. My rating of service is "poor" only because of the restaurant, the front desk people were great.

Room Tip: 4th floor is usually quieter than the rest of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Jim M, General Manager at Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Loyalist. I am disappointed we failed to meet your expectations regarding your meal in our dining room. I sincerely apologize for our failure on this front. I would normally ask for more details on when, which dining outlet you used and so on, but ultimately it is irrelevant. We failed to provide you with a pleasant and timely dining experience. I will obviously present and discuss your comments with our front of house and kitchen teams. I am happy that you found the rest of your visit enjoyable and will use your comments as a learning tool to improve our service and product delivery in our food and beverage outlets.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel was ideally located on the waterfront in downtown Summerside. The room was a good size and well appointed to meet my needs. We were pleased that the hotel had all the amenities for our stay, restaurant, fitness centre, swimmimg pool and was close to businesses and attractions along the waterfront.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jim M, General Manager at Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Loyalist. I am pleased that you found your stay enjoyable and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to your next visit with us when in Summerside.

Regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

So my wife and I booked a reservation for July 31st 2014. We booked two rooms for one night around May 1 or 2nd. She reserved the rooms on her visa and was surprised to discover that within 3 days the charges appeared.

Now we've reserved a lot of hotel rooms over the years securing the reservation with a credit card number but have never had a hotel "help themselves" to the funds 3 months before our arrival.

Is this a normal practise? We have cancelled our reservations and will seek lodging somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bill1957
Jim M, Manager at Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Bill1957,

I am disappointed that you feel the Loyalist took advantage of your credit card by processing charges 3 months prior to your stay with us. I am even further disappointed that you have cancelled your reservations and intend to look elsewhere for accommodation. I am compelled to explain that according to our records your reservations were booked through a 3rd party, and your credit card information was given to them. It was your 3rd party booking agent that processed the charges on your credit card, not the Loyalist. We do take credit card numbers to guarantee reservations, but under no circumstance do we process the charge until the guest stays with us or, on occasion, charge the guest for failure to cancel a reservation in the required time prior to the actual date booked. I would respectfully suggest that you forward your complaint to the 3rd party booking agent that originally handled your reservation.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Unparalleled March Break vacation. The whole Resort opened their doors with smiling faces. Very well organized, excellent food and safe family environment. Dining room was very nice and welcomed the children.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for submitting your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I value your comments and will share with my team.
We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Our first time staying was very welcoming thank you :) Staff were very polite and helpful..we enjoyed our weekend..the girls enjoyed the pool..I wish they had microwaves in the rooms to warm up food but I was told they were renovating so all rooms will have some soon :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jim M, General Manager at Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Loyalist. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and will share your positive experience with my team. We are working toward equipping all our guest rooms with mini fridges and microwaves, it is a process that will take some time. I appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very friendly staff and an excellent place to stay. Central to all things in the Summerside area. We were able to walk to Credit Union Place which was the event we were there to attend. Enjoyed the view from our room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Loyalist. I am happy that you found your stay to be a positive experience and that the Loyalist is located close enough to many of the features of Summerside, Credit Union Place in particular that is was a convenient walk to get to.
I will share your comments with my team. Thank you for your feedback.
We look forward to hosting you again, should your travels bring you to Summerside.

Jim Martell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerside
1 mi away
Traveller's Inn
#5 of 14 in Summerside
Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites
Shining Waters - Ingleside Resort

Been to Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside? Share your experiences!