Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside
Green Acres Motel(Summerside)
Cairns Motel(Summerside)
Summerside Motel(Summerside)
View Hotel
All reviewsmusselsbit datedwater viewfront desk staffbusiness triplarge roomeasy accesswould stay here againoff seasonhome away from homewaterfrontpeicondoterrywharfsummerhallway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were very happy to be able to get a room at this lovely Inn for the night of the Sting concert. Valerie in check-in was so very nice and helpful and the housekeeping staff were also more than helpful providing great service to us. We enjoyed our supper in the tavern and also had a great breakfast in the restaurant. Our room was very large and had great air conditioning as well as comfy beds and it was very soundproof so we could enjoy a good night's sleep. I am very glad that we had not read some of the earlier review comments before staying there and forming our own opinions. The location to the concert site & shopping, as well as having a tavern & restaurant on site was great so we look forward to staying there again some day.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Loyalist Lakeview Resort an Conference Center. I am happy that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the Sting concert and our food and beverage services. Admittedly we have been experiencing some challenges at our property with regard to our mechanical systems. I am very happy none of these issues apparently affected your comfort or enjoyment.
We look forward to your next visit and appreciate your positive remarks.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at the Loyalist on two separate occasions in April and May of 2013. Prior to that, it had been 20 years since I visited the hotel and it is in need of some major updates. As other reviews note, the hot water is an issue. In my stay in April, it did not affect me but my sister's room down the hall had no hot water one morning - I know this because they needed to shower in my room. In my May stay, the first room they put me and my daughter in did not have functioning air conditioning. I immediately called to get a new room with AC and the hotel said this would likely not be possible. While I was contemplating what to do, they figured out that we could be moved to "the condo side" of the building and that solved it. It seemed like the AC was completely out on the west side of the building that night. The hotel is just outdated and worn, and even the parking lot has large potholes that need fixing. On the plus side, the internet is free and was working (ask for access codes for each of your devices when you checkin). The beds seem pretty comfortable. The hotel is also open year-round (as far as I know) unlike many hotels and motels in PEI. The front desk people are friendly. Tim Horton's is a short walk to the east and there are a few restaurants a short walk north/west.

Room Tip: Try to get on the condo (east) side - it's a little quieter over there and from what I can tell, the rooms are larger.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay with us at the Loyalist Lakeview Resort & Conference center. I am very disappointed that your relative had issue with the hot water in April. It has come to light that our problem wit the hot water system in the hotel has been manifesting itself for some time and apparently for much longer than we thought. It is a major repair that we are hoping to have resolved in the next few days. With regard to your issue with the Air conditioning system - you are correct in that when you were here - the West wing (which has a dedicated air conditioning system for the guestrooms and all our public spaces - was in fact not turned on for the season. The entire refrigeration unit that produces our air conditioning was in the process of being replaced in early May and was not fully commissioned until late May. The East wing (or condo side) as you referred to it - has individual heat pumps controlling the guest room air conditioning.
I appreciate your comments on the worn state of the guest rooms, and I will of course pass your comments to our head office for consideration.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We booked the Loyalist Lakeview Resort in Summerside, PEI the night of June 24th and were really quite disappointed at this property. It is old, 'tired', I guess is the word to use...old dusty rose carpeting with cigarette burns in it; plaids on the bed and florals on the windows, holes in the blankets, old beds with very lumpy pillows, etc. Most disturbing was the issue with the heat. There are old style thermostats in the rooms and ours did not work; the housing case was actually broke off the outside. It was 82 degrees in the room when we arrived! I asked about the head and was told to turn the system off for 2 minutes, then restart by choosing "cool" and "auto" for the fan speed. I did so, and we went out for the evening...came back expecting a nice cool room given the sweltering temps outside, but no...it was still over 80 degrees. It made for a very uncomfortable night.

We didn't try the restaurant as there was a 1.5 hour wait for food service - big concert in town and lots of folks had reservations.

Service - was rather disinterested is how I would put it. Customer service agent was sitting reading the paper when I went down to ask about the heat...I had to clear my throat and finally say 'excuse me' after standing there and being ignored for several minutes. Upon check out, the manager did not even ask how are stay was...that is just not good customer service.

For the rate we were charged, this hotel just did not measure up.

Room Tip: Our room was 215 and had a gorgeous view of the A/C units and back street...augh.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beth F

I would like to thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Loyalist Lakeview Resort & Conference Center. I am obviously disappointed that you had an unsatisfactory stay with us and I truly apologize for the deficiencies you mention. We are continuing to resolve some issues with our newly installed air conditioning system that provides our guest rooms in the West wing and all our meeting spaces and restaurant. In as much as the main component is "brand new" we are experiencing issues with the new system that adversely affect our guests comfort. I will address your comments regarding the "tired & worn" state of the guest rooms with our head office. I appreciate your feedback as it provides us with tools to improve what we can regarding guest satisfaction and your experience with us.
Sincerely

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a great visit to Summerside. The Loyalist was in a nice, convenient location and we found the facility adequate.

For the price we paid ($196 w tax) however, we were very disappointed that there was no HOT water. (Sinks or shower)
It was tepid at best.

If this is a continued cost-saving strategy, it will likely leave visitors unhappy. Reading the other reviews, I see that I am not the only one with this experience.
Everything else was fine, but this left us feeling quite chilled.

Please---- turn on the HOT water. Even just a bit would be nice.

• Stayed: June 2013
Jim M, General Manager at Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay at the Loyalist Lakeview Resort. I apologize for the issue with our hot water system, and can assure you that it is definitely not a cost saving measure. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service and a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Unfortunately we are having issues with the hot water system and are trying hard to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. I thank you for your comments and I am happy that you found other aspects of your visit satisfactory.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Room view was overlooking the water and the staff were friendly and accommodating. However - food at a conference here was bland (although service was excellent), there was no hot water coming out of the bathroom sink, rooms were outdated, and there was a suspect green spot on the ceiling (not to mention a beer cap found on the floor)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tina H

Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding your recent stay at the Loyalist Lakeview Resort. I am disappointed that you had an unsatisfactory stay with us. I am proud of my team at the hotel and as you mentioned you were happy with the friendly and accommodating service. I will review recent banqueting menus served with our Chef and Catering manager to try to identify where we may have fallen short on your expectations regarding food quality, and also communicate with our housekeeping and maintenance staff regarding room presentation and cleaning. Our biggest challenge at the moment is the issue we are facing with our hot water system for the hotel. We are actively trying to resolve this major inconvenience to our guests, it is intermittent and unpredictable. I apologize for this and can assure you we will resolve this issue as soon as we can.