Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites
Agoda.com
$116
$67
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbagelshoneymoon suitecontinental breakfastquiet roomcountry settingheated poolspent nights heretourist seasonwill stay there againone night stayshort drivepicnic tablesdowntown summersidegreat priceloftpeimotel
Reviewed November 25, 2010

An excellent 3.5-star hotel. Room (including the bathroom) was clean and did not have any smell. Manager was very friendly, reminded me of their laundry facilities, recommended a great, local restaurant, called a few minutes after I got to the room to make sure all was OK, chatted about the area & offered me a ferry brochure and local paper upon learning of my interest in those items. Most impressively, when I arrived at the Best Value Inn in Charlottetown (the manager recommended it to me and I indicated I'd look for it), I had a message from the Country Pines manager saying she'd noticed when I drove away that morning that one of my brake lights appeared to be out. How kind of the manager to go out of her way to try to get me that information regarding a problem with my car!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
kbmcinnis, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review, and for taking the time to describe your stay with us. This is one of my favourites, as the story about the car light is so typical of the service that we are looking to provide. A small property needs good word of mouth, and it is so great when we hear little anecdotes like this. Thank you again, and come back soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

We booked the Honeymoon Suite for our Wedding night on Oct.23,10!! From the phone call we made to book our room till the time we checked in the service was amazing!! Such a friendly staff!! It was raining the day we got married so our Wedding pictures were shot but the staff and owners of the hotel let us take pictures in the lobby which turned out fantastic!!! It was such a cozy place!!!! As for the room it was it perfect!! Spotless, comfortable and very romantic!! They had a jacuzzi and candles and wine and chocolate!! I would for sure recommend this hotel to anyone!! So to the owners and staff of the Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites in Summerside, PE my husband and I would like to thank you all very much for helping my our special day so wonderful!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TonyaCampbell
kbmcinnis, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2010

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so glad that we were able to play a role on such a special occassion. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and accommodating property. We're small, but I believe this allows us to provide a really personalized service and your review sums up everything that we are aiming to be. Thanks again, and keep us in mind for your one year anniversary ;)

Reviewed September 16, 2010

We stayed here one night in Sept. 2010 and found the room to be small and basic, but very clean and had everything we needed. There was a small refrigerator and microwave, coffee maker, good selection of cable TV channels, wireless internet, continental breakfast in a cute and roomy area. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Window A/C unit in room which we didn't need at this time of year. The room and bathroom were spotless. The "downside" is that the rooms open to the outside (no interior corridor) and there is no elevator. If we returned, we would request a larger room, our room with one Queen bed was quite small......but certainly adequate.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank abqsteelerfan

Thank you for your kind words, we are pleased you enjoyed yourself and found the staff friendly. We offer different room types, which do include some larger rooms. Next time be sure to ask about our two bedroom suites as they are larger and fortunately all located on the ground floor. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

Stayed 8 nights in a 2 bed room. One bed never made because I had added extra cushioning as the bed was so uncomfortable and the other bed was made every other day. Always had new soap and towels, but sink, toilet, bathtub and bathroom floor never cleaned. Floor never vacuumed and sheets never changed. Made complaints but nothing changed. Unacceptable and will not return.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mammie3

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and for pointing out areas where we could perhaps improve the quality of our service. Overall, our housekeeping is exceptional, as anyone can see if they take the time to read other customer reviews. I do not say this to contradict your review, but only because the housekeeping department works very hard and gets wonderful feedback, including many thank you cards. This being said, there is always room for improvement, and I am very sorry if you happened to get lower quality cleaning than is typical of our hotel. I assure you that we are always striving to improve our service, and if you did make a complaint then the housekeeping staff would have been made aware of the problem. We never ignore guest complaints. I am sorry if it seemed this way in your case. This is proof that we need to constantly keep up our standards as even one bad stay is too many. Thank you for keeping us on our toes, and I am sorry that we appear to have lost your business.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

Stayed three nights at Country Pines just outside of Summerside in late August. The property is huge, and has lots of parking. The lobby was very clean and check-in was a breeze. We reserved the honeymoon suite, and that came with a bottle of wine for each night.

The room upon arrival was ready, clean, and cozy. The king-sized bed was very comfortable, the hot tub, in good working order, is a bit loud. It seats two easily.

There is also a heated pool with a large deck in the back of the hotel. I used it twice and it was very relaxing both times.

I don't have much bad to say about the hotel really. It was a good stay and I'd suggest it to anyone that doesn't need to stay right in downtown Summerside.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of our property, and for pointing out some of our facilities. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that you return.