Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites
$113
Summerside Motel(Summerside)
$55
Causeway Bay Hotel(Summerside)(Great Value!)
$105
$47
$45
Shine Motel(Summerside)
$51
All reviewsbagelshoneymoon suitecontinental breakfastroom was cleancountry settingheated poolspent nights heretourist seasonwill stay there againconfederation bridgehotel roomone night stayshort drivepicnic tablesdowntown summersidegreat priceloft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This hotel easily goes down as one of the worst hotel experiences we have had. The exterior of the hotel and the lobby looks quite nice but that is where it ends. The room was dirty and was obviously not vaccumed in awhile! The bathtub was absolutely DISGUSTING! You would expect to find a bathtub like that in a junkyard. Around the silver circle thing on the side of the tub, the tub itself had corroded about 2-3 inches wide and 5 inches long. To prevent the tub from leaking they had done some kind of messy caulking which was itself bubbly/moldy and looked like it might be taking on a new life of it's own. It was so disgusting that my husband, myself and my children did not take a shower there and we cancelled the rest of our reservation there. We would have walked out that night and found something else but everything else was booked. The sheets were not changed and were dirty and the blankets were stained badly as well. The beds themselves were also in a poor state (evidently old) and the box spring was sagging so low it was touching the floor. We were so turned off by the state of our room that skipped the free continental breakfast, skipped the pool and got out of there as fast as we could. The location of the hotel is also not great absolutely nothing within walking distance and nothing to do there. There are CLEAN and comfortable accomodations elsewhere in Summerside.

2  Thank Brandi_Ca
kbmcinnis, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that your stay was so unpleasant, and that it would seem you did not receive the level of service we pride ourselves on. As you may see from the other reviews this is not typical of a stay with us. We strive to be the best property that we can be and have a friendly desk staff as well as a hard working cleaning staff. It is unfortunate that we seem to have failed on this one, as even one unhappy guest is too many. I can assure you, and all guests, that if we are made aware of problems, we will do anything in our power to help make your stay a pleasant one, or even to find you accommodations elsewhere. The guest's satisfaction is priority number one. We appreciate your feedback as we will use it to further improve our service. I would hope that anyone reading this review would weigh it against what others have posted, and form their own opinions.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We booked in late on a Friday in July with no advance reservation we asked for a room for three nights and the friendly staff found us a great room. This hotel was clean, tidy and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast room has great food and awsome staff. When I think of PEI this is the kind of customer service I expeted and we were not disappointed. We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words toward our staff. We take a great deal of pride in our service and enjoy interacting with guests. This is what draws us to the profession, and it is very encouraging to hear such positive feedback. I hope you will be our guest again in the future. Kind regards.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Just returning home to Ontario after spending 9 nights at this hotel. I was traveling with my parents and two children so the suite with the 3 double beds was perfect. My parents even had their own separate bedroom, which was a definite advantage for them. The kitchenette was very handy...stove, microwave, fridge, etc. The room was very clean and the beds were comfy!!!!
The overall appearance of the property was very clean and welcoming! The location was very central to all the Island's main attractions.
The continental breakfast was served in a cozy loft area and there was a good selection. I think the most positive aspect of our stay was the wonderful staff...very kind and helpful! We will definitely stay at this hotel again when we return to PEI.

2  Thank jannan71

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, and for pointing to so many of our points of pride. Special thanks for your kind words toward the staff. It is very encouraging to hear that you were so pleased with your stay. Come back anytime.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Thank you for a wonderful and memorable trip to PEI. We stayed for 2-nights and it couldn't have been better. The rooms were immaculately clean, linen fresh and breakfast in the cozy loft area was amazing. A special mention of the staff - they were very very helpful, courteous and friendly - thank you Anthony and Katley for all your help, you really went out of your way to assist us.

Thanks once again and we will always remember this visit - our very first visit to PEI.

SD/VD

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SDVD

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to be a part of a guest's first visit to PEI and to hear that we helped make it a pleasant one. I hope it won't be your last, and we can look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed March 11, 2011

My siblings and I were called to the Island as my dad took sick and we looked around to find a hotel that would rent us a room by the month. Thank goodness we found this hotel. Clair the lady that runs it is a great person.She helped us out a lot in our time of need. One day after a long day at the hospital we returned back at the hotel and my sister said"Ah it feels like coming home" and that is the way we felt. Thank you Clair for all your help and making us feel so welcome.We will recommend your hotel at every turn..

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank travelbugnb
kbmcinnis, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Another great review of Claire's service. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and for your kind words.