“Seafood chowder best during east coast trip!”
Review of Hunter's Ale House

Hunter's Ale House
Ranked #20 of 249 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pub style restaurant with large patios flanking the corner property. Menu includes many variations on classic pub favorites (ask for the chicken curry nachos). Dine in and enjoy live entertainment nightly in the heart of beautiful downtown Charlottetown.
Kingston
“Seafood chowder best during east coast trip!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stopped in at Hunter's Ale house and didn't expect too much. Best seafood chowder out of our whole east coast trip from PEI, to Cabot Trail, Halifax and Bay of Fundy! HUGE portion of chowder and everyone's meal was a good size. Service was great and location is easy to walk to from downtown.

Ontario
“Huge portions! and fantastic chowder!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stopped in for a low key dinner here and loved it!

Be aware that their portion sizes were HUGE!!! For the two of us we ended up ordering the seafood chowder as well as the seafood mixed platter to share, and had we known that it was going to be that much food we would have stuck with just the chowder!

I should also mention that this was the best chowder we had while in PEI! Creamy and thick with TONS of seafood in it! Wish we had the time to return for more!

We probably wouldn't get the seafood platter again though unless there with more people because it really is too much food for just 2 people. It was definitely delicious though!

Yarmouth, Canada
“We went twice!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Awesome service and very good food...the waitress even saved us on some wings as it was wing night and we did not realize it, so we waited 10 mins and got triple the amount of wings for the same price as a small order!

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“It was just ok”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was looking for lobster and someone suggested the restaurant beside this one, but they had none, so we ended up here.

Hunter's served lobster but it was expensive compared to my lobster I had the day before. I also had chowder but it wasn't creamy, it was more soupy. I had a little bit from the salad bar. just a small ceasar salad, potato salad and macaroni salad. The baked potato was loaded but I was full from the chowder and the lobster so I didn't eat it. The lobster was delicious but pricier than what I paid in Cape Breton. I can't remember what my friend order, but for the both of us, the bill was $63.00.

The wait for our food was a little long, but they were also busy, so It was understandable. We sat on the patio right near the corner of the street. It was okay but lots of cars driving around and lots of people passing by.

Compared to other places I went during my trip to the maritimes, it was just ok.

Moncton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not impressed”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

we went in for supper on august 4th 2012 at around 4 pm found a table ordered our ribs with potatoes veg salad bar and soup went and got our salad and soup had one bite and out comes the waitress with our supper we said already she said we are quick well i feel that the meal should have been timed better when they knew the soup and salad came with the meal we should have had enough time to eat the salad and soup also the ribs were dry and not very warm and the potatoes were like cement,we ate there last year and it was great not sure what happened this year.will we go next year i am guessing no.

1 Thank pattif456